Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default VBX in Ruby Fade with Black H/W

I don't know how I got a VBX kit in Ruby Fade with Black Hardware, but that's what I have (bought at Sam Ash). It's not a Pearl standard. So now I want to add a 14 x 14 Floor Tom to match. Pearl said they would make me one but it's a 6 month wait. Anybody have a similar experience? If yes, did it (will it) really take 6 months.
    Thanks

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by drummin'jim View Post
    I don't know how I got a VBX kit in Ruby Fade with Black Hardware, but that's what I have (bought at Sam Ash). It's not a Pearl standard. So now I want to add a 14 x 14 Floor Tom to match. Pearl said they would make me one but it's a 6 month wait. Anybody have a similar experience? If yes, did it (will it) really take 6 months.
    Thanks
    I have not "special ordered" from Pearl but most of the posts on this forum will say YES! Long wait on special orders. I would seriously consider buying a Ruby fade 14" with chrome hardware and maybe finding a white VX with black hardware on ebay and swapping the hardware. Then sell the white with chrome. You could probably break even doing this, it might be a few bucks more. Depends on how patient you are.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/album.php?albumid=260

Pearl Export
    10", 12", 14"F, 16"F, 22"B

Pearl Vision VSX
    10", 12", 13", 14"F, 16"F, 22"B

3. I <3 PEARL

I bought the exact same kit from Sam Ash. I thought all Ruby Fade VBX Kits came with black hardware. Am I wrong?

4. The Fight Revisited.

Only Sam Ash had Ruby Fade with black hardware - limited edition.

They also had a VSX Strata White with black hardware, another exclusive kit to Sam Ash.
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here

5. I <3 PEARL

Wow. So you really do have to custom order everything for it, don't you?

6. The Fight Revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by CarterJamesMiller View Post
    Wow. So you really do have to custom order everything for it, don't you?
    Since it is not a standard stock item for pearl, there is no inventory of ruby fade drums with black hardware. As stated above you might have better luck buying the drum with chrome hardware and then swapping the hardware out with a vision drum that has black hardware. Not exactly cost effective but you wouldn't have to wait.
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here

7. Spirit WARS inside..

how about some pix??
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

8. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygates View Post
    how about some pix??
    ^
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

9. I <3 PEARL

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    ^
    I actually just posted up a thread with pics of my Black h/w Ruby Fade. What a beauty.
    Pearl | Zildjian | Evans | Pro-Mark

"And then I told him, that's no dog, that's my sister!"

10. Pearl Passion

Quote Originally Posted by drummin'jim View Post
    Thanks
    Hi...I previously ordered a VMX and waited for delivery for 2 months. (another dealer). Canceled that order and went with Sweetwater.com and ordered the VBX with a add on 8" tom and 14x14 floor. Getting it in chrome. Ordered it 2 weeks back and the set will be delivered next week. You need to call AJ at Sweetwater and get the full scoop on what is available in the warehouse. I can't see why they can't switch out the chrome for black>!

11. My Concord Faded

Ruby Fade/Chrome is standard. GC and Sam Ash work with Pearl to make one off kits for their stores exclusively. I got my CF/Black (normal color) with a 8" tom standard. No one else sells that combo, as well as the RF/Black.
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

12. Registered User

Almost exactly 6 months (June 5 to November 30) after I ordered a VBX Ruby Fade 14x14 Floor Tom with Black Hardware at Sam Ash, I got it. Love it!!! Now I have 3 up / 2 down (8", 10", 12" / 14", 16")