Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Proud PDP Player

Quote Originally Posted by ZildjianK7A View Post
    Nice to know you can express your opinion in a calm, credible manner

And all these huge gigs at these huge places with these huge artists you keep talking about are nothing but glittering generalities. You have no proof and have not presented the names of anything except the places.
    OK. On June 12, 2009, my old band Down 'N' Dirty performed in the Garden Of Evil VIP Tent at Rocklahoma 2009, in Pryor, OK. We opened for a band called Hollywood Harlot. Main Stage bands throughout the festival included RATT, ANTHRAX, JACKYL, TWISTED SISTER, WARRANT, KIX, etc.

On February 27, 2010, my other old band American Riot played at The House Cafe in DeKalb, IL with A Kidnap In Color, The Delivery Boys, The Action Blast, and this other band I forget the name of.

On April 3, 2010, AR played at THE BEAT KITCHEN in Chicago, IL, with The Action Blast, Artifex Pereo, A Hero Named Hope, and The Delivery Boys. We were the 2nd highest drawing band of the night, next to the Action Blast.

On June 5th, 2010, AR played their FINAL SHOW at Live 59 in Plainfield, IL sharing the co-headlining slot with In Reverie. (Drummer is FULLY SPONSORED by SJC, TRX Cymbals, Drama Custom Cases, Stoked Custom Thrones, Westone In Ear Monitors, and owns RescYou Clothing).

I don't need to type out a full itinerary. And this is all beside the point. Now can we please LOCK THIS GOD FORSAKEN THREAD and move on.
    PDP Platinum (22x18, 10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 16x14)
    Ludwig Supra-Phonic Snare, 6.5x14
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare, 5x14
    Evans Heads
    TOMS: G+/G1
    SNARE: Pwr Ctr Rev Dot/Glass 500
    KICK: EQ4/EQ3

2. Registered User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK69usp6iLc

Oh yeah... You're a really experienced, talented drummer...

3. Kawaii User

Exports sound nice. And that's coming from a person who can tune and owns a Reference...

I've also been playing for over 10 years. WOOOO PISSING CONTEST.

4. Proud PDP Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK69usp6iLc

Oh yeah... You're a really experienced, talented drummer...
    That's Not Me, Dumbo. That's the emo kid that played drums BEFORE I joined.

THIS, is me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWIrMdeBTmg

HOWEVER, on the topic of the video YOU posted...it may interest you to know the drummer of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus plays PDP PLATINUM drums... just saying
    Last edited by dwdrummer1991; 06-15-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Evans Heads

5. Band

Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And this is all beside the point.
    You're right. The point is: Exports don't suck, not here anyway.

6. Registered User

HOWEVER, on the topic of the video YOU posted...it may interest you to know the drummer of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus plays PDP PLATINUM drums... just saying
    Ohhh! I gotcha! So you're drumming possesses less emotion and groove than the original drummer of that band. Nice to know.

And no, Exports don't suck.

7. Proud PDP Player

Ohhh! I gotcha! So you're drumming possesses less emotion and groove than the original drummer of that band. Nice to know.
    You're funny. That is about 20-30% of my full potential. Chad Smith from RHCP, he plays really minimalistically, even bordering on boring, with them, but if you see him with his "Bombastic Meat Bats" or whatever they're called, he's quite a beast! You can't judge a book by its cover bro.
    Evans Heads

8. Registered User

You're funny. That is about 20-30% of my full potential. Chad Smith from RHCP, he plays really minimalistically, even bordering on boring, with them, but if you see him with his "Bombastic Meat Bats" or whatever they're called, he's quite a beast! You can't judge a book by its cover bro.
    So you purposefully play like crap in order to keep your real skill under wraps? Makes perfect since....

9. At the copa.....copacabana

Did I not tell you I don't need your help?
    Yeah, you did, but once you've been around here for a while, and to be perfectly honest here, going the way you are going, you won't be...you get to see the same thing over and over again. As a collective whole we tend to jump on the new guys, which IMO, isn't on, but you get the odd guy who, well, to be perfectly honest, is a knob. They post nonsense and flamebait, cause arguments in most of the threads they are in and in general are just trolls. They don't last long. Not long at all.

You are said knob dude, but it's obvious that you are not that well versed in a) behaviour on a forum and b) the drum scene in general.

Now, I've been trying to keep a level head with you dude, I really am, but you are going to be hounded out of here with your constant argumentative behaviour, it would be fine if you constantly spouted informed opinions, but they aren't they are baseless and to be perfectly honest, they are daft.

You are not going to last long here going the way you are going. Not only that you've brought attention of one of the mods to yourself. So the trolling, argumentative behaviour is going to get you a ban. You can see this, well, everyone else but you can.
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

10. At the copa.....copacabana

Ping off bro. If you have a problem with me, say it to my face. If you can't accept the fact that I think Exports suck then you can go suck it. Let me tell you something. I've been playing for almost a decade now. I've been in many different bands, and now have an upcoming audition for a legit arena rock band in Chicago where if I get in my first show with them will be headlining the Metro, which is one of the bigger venues in Chicago. I've seen and heard and PLAYED countless exports and they all SUCK. I can make a better sound out of buffalo turds and monkey butts. I know more about drums than you know about your own backside, I've got more high profile shows under my belt and I'm willing to bet those "300 gigs" were all either small coffee shops, jazz cafe's, or basement/house shows. I've played Rocklahoma, the Beat Kitchen in Chicago (sound system is comparable to the Metro), and shared the stage with many high profile bands and what have you done? No you continue to try to start **** with someone behind a computer screen. You're pathetic. Why don't you ping off and come back when you decide not to be a ****ing douche about something that has nothing to do with you?

EDIT: Mods, someone please just friggin lock this thread, before I say something I'm going to regret.
    first off, post reported for language, second, I must admit, I've never laughed so much at a post since you comment on my sig.....

strike that last statement......the vid posted has to be funniest post of the year - that was horrible, and that's not because I don't like the genre, it's because it's actually pish
    Last edited by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love; 06-16-2010 at 01:13 AM.
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

11. Proud PDP Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
    first off, post reported for language, second, I must admit, I've never laughed so much at a post since you comment on my sig.....

strike that last statement......the vid posted has to be funniest post of the year - that was horrible, and that's not because I don't like the genre, it's because it's actually pish
    Wonderful. Why don't you go back and read the post Mr. BabylonWillFall posted that warranted said response? Why don't you report HIM for being a flat out *********?

Everyone here please just shove it and leave me alone.

*EDIT: BabylonWillFall reported for being rude and talking smack about me in third person. Congrats, buddy!
    Evans Heads

12. At the copa.....copacabana

Wonderful. Why don't you go back and read the post Mr. BabylonWillFall posted that warranted said response? Why don't you report HIM for being a flat out *********?

Everyone here please just shove it and leave me alone.

*EDIT: BabylonWillFall reported for being rude and talking smack about me in third person. Congrats, buddy!
    I did, and I don't believe he swore or was being insulting. What he said is true:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

This is how your time here is going to be like unless you change your attitude, believe it or not I am trying to help you here. A slight attitude adjustment is all that's needed to fit in well here.

Can I just call to attention this statement right here:

Sigged