Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Getting 5 oct marimba

Hi.

I'm about to buy an 5 octave marimba. What you guys suggest? I'm about to buy one of Adams' marimba. I the end, how good they are compared to Marimba One or Malletech or Vancore? I'm really interested the Van Sice -signature series and the Classic Custom MAHCC50. Do the match with M-One or any others i listed earlier?

Thanks,

E

2. Pearl/Adams Sr. Marketing Mgr

First off - congrats on getting the chance to get your own 5.0 oct! Its a major expense, but one that will change and stay with you your whole life.

The Facts:
    The Adams marimbas are no "off the rack" instrument, and you can be assured that you are getting a powerful, durable, long-lasting, professional quality, hand-adjusted, world proven instrument. Every Adams instrument goes through a rigorous hand tuning process that is second-to-none in the industry. Adams slow ages the specially selected Honduras Rosewood in house in a controlled envirnment for 8 years before it is made into your bars for maximum stability and tonal control. Every bar is tested out to the 6th overtone for tuning accuracy and no "seconds" are ever sold.
    The combination of volume resonators and Voyager frame height adjustement make the Adams the most practical, most compact instrument available. The sound is full, powerfull, and projecting with a prominent fundamental and long sustain.

The examples:
    There are a lot of people out there playing on Adams marimbas in a huge range of situations. The notable soloists to listen to to get a good idea of how great the Adams marimbas sound are :
    Robert Van Sice (of course !), Ji Hye Jung, Svet Stoyanov, Bogdan Bachnau, Jessica Ryckewaert... You Tube these and many many others and you'll get the idea.

Join the Adams Facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...S/342175194870 ) and get some personal accounts there too!
    Shawn Lafrenz
    Pearl Corporation Education Division
    Senior Marketing Manager
    Concert / Adams Product Manager

3. Registered User

Here it is. Man and his wife, Adams Artist Van Sice 5 oct.

4. Pearl/Adams Sr. Marketing Mgr

That's is great ! I am very happy for both of you
    Congratulations -
    Shawn Lafrenz
    Pearl Corporation Education Division
    Senior Marketing Manager
    Concert / Adams Product Manager

5. Rogue Ex-Mod

That looks awesome! Congratulations! Thanks for posting a picture.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth