Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Vans slip-ons ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by jharhod View Post
    MY WEENER IS THE SIZE OF MY CYMBAL
    THE ANTE ANIMAL

2. VV MRS.HOTFOOT VV

I play with shoes these days.
    For about 12 years I played with just socks, and sometimes barefoot. The one thing that always seemed to happen was my left leg would ache like crazy after long sessions, from me pounding quarters on the hats or something.

When I went to LAMA, Mike Packer gave me crap for taking off my shoes before I sat down to play. He told me, that shoes are good for cushion and impact relief for your legs, and some gigs, like dinner events and stuff where you have to dress up nice and are expected to be wearing shoes simply for professionalism. Not to mention the bass drum technique he was teaching, works so much better and is much more comfortable with shoes. Ever since, its been kicks for me, and no more sore legs!

I usually wear my casual style DC's, but anything with a sole 1 inch or less is all good.

3. For your health!

Hi-Top Converse do it for me, they've got very good grip and the soles are thin enough to feel the pedal. Thicker stuff give a really unresponsive feel I think

4. The Greys

For some reason I find myself more comfortable playing double bass heavy songs with bulkier shoes and everything else with my low top converse. I don't like the feel of barefeet or socks.

5. Registered User

I usually play with Vans or Airwalk sneakers. Nick McBrain from Iron Maiden plays barefoot and gets some sick speed that way which is why he says he does it, he only uses a single pedal but you'd swear its a double pedal!

6. The Omniscient

I generally play it socks.
    I try barefoot every so often, but i find especially in summer, that after a while my foot will sweat a bit and i lose quite a bit of control with it.

7. Raggie Raggie...

Default Lol

I can put whatever reply I want and get my point across.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjjunior666 View Post
    cheers Maark i will take that onboard, course i knows its sloppy its not me at my best and jealously kicks in when they see something what they cant do :)
    Selling DDRUM Dios Maple: 10,12,16,20,13. PM if interested.

8. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by abacacus View Post
    I play in hiking boots.
    lol. It's all what you get yourself used to from the start. I like a nice flat bottom sneaker like a skateboarding shoe. I have a pair of mountain biking shoes that are flat and I love em'. I like to show up to a gig in shoes and leave em on till I get home.
    2 Masterworks, 1 Reference Redline and the makings of a second Redline kit. 1 MCA, 1 Sonor Select Force (FOR SALE), 1 Keller kit (FOR SALE), 1 Roland TD-20X
    A Rat Ta Tat-Tat

9. Rockin' The Suburbs

Usually barefoot, unless it's too cold, in which case I wear socks. I wore vans slip ons for a while, but I didn't feel like grabbing them whenever I wanted to play, plus I find wearing shoes to be overkill.

10. Registered User

Before investing into any workout gear you should investigate about the quality of the products. I am going to start with the yoga classes from next month and after reading a lot of feedbacks, going to purchase high quality Shoes from Nike and the clothes from the brand blancnoir.

11. It's all about me...

Nike running shoes....really light, and somewhat not cheap, but I hate being bareoot and the Nikes are super comfy....

Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

12. Registered User

Most of the time I will play in ankle sport socks, but at gigs that are outside I'll wear a pair of tennis shoes, so I can play either way. But, I learned at home many moons ago and socks just seemed to give me responsive control and a subconscious idea of where the pedal is at. I think it all started being around our home and it was just easy slipping behind the kit at first without my shoes on and then it became "the norm."