Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. WEEGEE

Default *NEW* E-PRO Live videos

Hey guys, thought I'd share some videos of the E-PRO live I found on YOUTUBE by Gearguruz and Harmony Central.

To me, it sounds very nice! Good job, Pearl!

Harmony Central's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5VDmzx8cUQ

Gearguruz' video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asjyyF0HxC4

Enjoy!
    Winner of Best kit under 5 pieces award in PDF's 2009 awards.

2. Registered User

Please listen to the first video with headphones. It sounds much better that way. I did not notice one "missed" hit.

3. Band

4. Registered User

I have to say... I think Pearl "dropped-the-ball" with their announcement video. No disrespect to J.J. or D.C., but two of those NAMM videos were exponentially more impressive than the marketing one put-out by Pearl.

I would rather see a video with THAT drummer (or ANY drummer) that demonstrated the full range of dynamics on one of the nicer "memory-swap" kits... I am still not convinced it is the "best" e-kit I've ever heard, but I'll say that those amateur videos show more impressive demonstrations of the qualities of the kit and sounds than Pearl's full-blown marketing video.

I'd love to see them (re)do a good-quality promo video that focusses JUST on the memory-swapped sounds... have one "no name" guy demonstrate all the subtle nuances of the kit - at least better than J.J. or D.C. did.

5. Band

Quote Originally Posted by ACME_Music_Trio View Post

I would rather see a video with THAT drummer (or ANY drummer) that demonstrated the full range of dynamics on one of the nicer "memory-swap" kits...

Agreed. Lock Raymond, a dedicated e-drum guru, and the E-pro in a room together for several days and try again.

6. WEEGEE

Winner of Best kit under 5 pieces award in PDF's 2009 awards.

7. SUPERJERK

Quote Originally Posted by ACME_Music_Trio View Post
    I have to say... I think Pearl "dropped-the-ball" with their announcement video. No disrespect to J.J. or D.C., but two of those NAMM videos were exponentially more impressive than the marketing one put-out by Pearl.

I would rather see a video with THAT drummer (or ANY drummer) that demonstrated the full range of dynamics on one of the nicer "memory-swap" kits... I am still not convinced it is the "best" e-kit I've ever heard, but I'll say that those amateur videos show more impressive demonstrations of the qualities of the kit and sounds than Pearl's full-blown marketing video.

I'd love to see them (re)do a good-quality promo video that focusses JUST on the memory-swapped sounds... have one "no name" guy demonstrate all the subtle nuances of the kit - at least better than J.J. or D.C. did.
    Exactly how I feel. I am extremely impressed with the sound of these kits!
    Remo MasterTouchArctic White
    22x16, 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5 Pearl Sensitone Aluminum
    Paiste 2oo2 18", 20" Crash, 21" Big Beat, 15" Giant Beat Hi Hats

SUPERJERK: BandCamp Facebook

8. Registered User

This impressed me start to finish. I'm fairly convinced the module can be tweaked to make the pads respond very well. I'm looking forward to trying one out now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFySPFqz7lo

9. Band

Quote Originally Posted by dis330 View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about that video was the Hi-hat. Otherwise, the best representaion I've seen yet.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by duhhh View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about that video was the Hi-hat. Otherwise, the best representaion I've seen yet.
    Just curious. What did you find wrong with the Hi Hat?

11. Band

Quote Originally Posted by dis330 View Post
    Just curious. What did you find wrong with the Hi Hat?
    It sounded a bit harsh and one-dimensional, like most e-hats. I've read reviews talking about 1 zone, 2 zone etc. That's just a "spec" to me. What really counts is sound, feel and vibe, just like acoustic drums and cymbals. I'd need to try them before I completely hated them.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by duhhh View Post
    It sounded a bit harsh and one-dimensional, like most e-hats. I've read reviews talking about 1 zone, 2 zone etc. That's just a "spec" to me. What really counts is sound, feel and vibe, just like acoustic drums and cymbals. I'd need to try them before I completely hated them.
    I agree completelyyyyy. The hats were too clangy/high pitched/harsh. Darker hats would've sounded better on that example. Those sounded like 10" zht hats or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    I think she's too spread out everywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by nik12 View Post
    Sounds like an Exgirlfriend of mine...
    Chicago Custom Percussion in Black Stain
    20x18 8 ply maple
    12x8 6 ply maple
    16x16 6 ply maple
    14x7.5 10 ply maple