Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast
  1. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    It's not a part of an IEM rack, but I just got this ART Studio Control Center for my home recording set up. It handles up to 3 inputs and 4 outputs (3 monitors, 1 headphones). It seems to be quiet so I'm happy with the purchase. Now I can switch between my 2 monitor sets and headphones without having to unplug from my laptop. It's exactly what I was looking for and was inexpensive compared to other options I found.

Attachment 494865
    Awesome Mike! Thanks for sharing! Cool to see there are some good alternatives to the Presonus system

2. Formerly 'BRX rad'

Just made my first leap into the IEM world. Bought myself a Shure PSM 300, mainly for gigging so I can run a monitor mix to my ears directly from our board. We're just a 3 piece band playing in smaller indoor venues and also outdoor settings as well, so it will come in handy for sure. And believe it or not, I'm actually playing bass guitar with this group, so being able to hear myself without destroying my hearing is critical to me.

Now for another question... Is making the jump to custom molds worth while? I currently use my Shure SE215's, and they get the job done. Decent low end and for the most part, cancel most of the external noise out. Would the custom molds completely cut out the outside noise? Is it worth the money to invest in triple or quad drivers, or are dual drivers more than sufficient?

Thanks for any help! Oh and a pic of the new system
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by MWRushR40 View Post
    Just made my first leap into the IEM world. Bought myself a Shure PSM 300, mainly for gigging so I can run a monitor mix to my ears directly from our board. We're just a 3 piece band playing in smaller indoor venues and also outdoor settings as well, so it will come in handy for sure. And believe it or not, I'm actually playing bass guitar with this group, so being able to hear myself without destroying my hearing is critical to me.

Now for another question... Is making the jump to custom molds worth while? I currently use my Shure SE215's, and they get the job done. Decent low end and for the most part, cancel most of the external noise out. Would the custom molds completely cut out the outside noise? Is it worth the money to invest in triple or quad drivers, or are dual drivers more than sufficient?

Thanks for any help! Oh and a pic of the new system
    Nice little system there! Any money spent to save your hearing is 100% worth it in my eyes. I'll be upgrading my in ears at the end of the year. Undecided whether I'll get the high end Shure model or splurge for customs. I use them all day everyday so either way I have no problem spending the money.

I have a few drummer buddies that use the SE215's and they all hate them. They complain about the boosted mids and how they hate drums through them. I'm using the SE315's currently and have nothing but good things to say about them. An upgrade will be nice for a little bit more quality and clarity and a freshen up after 3 years of using these

4. I regret my username

In the last couple of years, I've had 3 rack cases and never been happy with any of them. Got myself a new 4 space case today to begin the new rig. Small but super powerful. Updates to come in the coming weeks!

Ohh and we've just added a TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack to our rig. Now we just need to program presets, get MIDI programmed and we'll be good to go!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by K_KЯaMeR View Post
    Nice little system there! Any money spent to save your hearing is 100% worth it in my eyes. I'll be upgrading my in ears at the end of the year. Undecided whether I'll get the high end Shure model or splurge for customs. I use them all day everyday so either way I have no problem spending the money.

I have a few drummer buddies that use the SE215's and they all hate them. They complain about the boosted mids and how they hate drums through them. I'm using the SE315's currently and have nothing but good things to say about them. An upgrade will be nice for a little bit more quality and clarity and a freshen up after 3 years of using these
    Take it from me who used SE215, SE315, SE535. For a drummer, the SE215 serves only one purpose. "Having something other than a pair of Skullcandy" The sound was not design for drummers. I would recommend 315 and up.

Kramer! I am now running SE846 and they are just perfection. Granted. for the price, I could have gone with (at the time) 1964ears or Alien ears but i ahem always said that the day I am ready to go full customs will be the day I can afford UE11's

SE846 are the ****!
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

6. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by ocdrums View Post
    Take it from me who used SE215, SE315, SE535. For a drummer, the SE215 serves only one purpose. "Having something other than a pair of Skullcandy" The sound was not design for drummers. I would recommend 315 and up.
    For anyone asking about Shure SE215's... This is 100% accurate!

Kramer! I am now running SE846 and they are just perfection. Granted. for the price, I could have gone with (at the time) 1964ears or Alien ears but i ahem always said that the day I am ready to go full customs will be the day I can afford UE11's!
    I've been meaning to get in contact with JH Audio and 1964 but haven't got around to it! I want to do some shopping around and go full custom in the new year. I've using my in ears all day every day so the spend is justified in my eyes

Which 1964 model would you have got? and why the UE11's exactly?

7. Registered User

Just got my JH Audio JH16's and have done a couple of gigs with them so far - seriously can't recommend them enough, great people to work with and the product is the best out there in my opinion.

A lot of what I'm doing at the moment is using triggers with 808 kick drum sounds and the previous dual driver in ears I was using really couldn't reproduce the low end in the samples, but with these they sound huge and way more accurate. Well worth the investment in my opinion.

Name:  image-2536969474.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  424.7 KB

8. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by $cobra$ View Post
    Just got my JH Audio JH16's and have done a couple of gigs with them so far - seriously can't recommend them enough, great people to work with and the product is the best out there in my opinion.

A lot of what I'm doing at the moment is using triggers with 808 kick drum sounds and the previous dual driver in ears I was using really couldn't reproduce the low end in the samples, but with these they sound huge and way more accurate. Well worth the investment in my opinion.

Name:  image-2536969474.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  424.7 KB
    So good Kyle! This the kind of info I was after I'm gonna have to chat to them and say you recommended me

Bro, i'll be in town in 3 weeks! Let's hang!

-Perry

9. Registered User

So good Kyle! This the kind of info I was after I'm gonna have to chat to them and say you recommended me

Bro, i'll be in town in 3 weeks! Let's hang!

-Perry
    No worries dude! Sounds rad, GC or Brisbane? Hit me up on FB

10. Registered User

For anyone asking about Shure SE215's... This is 100% accurate!

I've been meaning to get in contact with JH Audio and 1964 but haven't got around to it! I want to do some shopping around and go full custom in the new year. I've using my in ears all day every day so the spend is justified in my eyes

Which 1964 model would you have got? and why the UE11's exactly?
    Thanks for your question dude.

In terms of 1964ears (Now called 64Audio), I would have gone with the V6 Stage which they have discontinued and replaced with the A4. So I guess the A4 woudl have been my choice with my band logo.

For UE, I would have gone for the UE11s for the same reason that I would have gone with the A4 with 64Audio.

Basically because I personally consider that 4 drivers in each ears is the minimum requirement for drummers regardless of the genre of music we play or in what ever format weplay.

The Actual instrument led me to that conclusion. Even if you are just a drummer and your sole purpose and fun is to play and record your drumming (and i mean just your drumming), A drumkit requires 4 drivers at least.
    Its a boomy. Loud and precise instrument. You need clarity and bottom end to be your primery target. Everything past that personal choice.

I have been playing with IEM for a long time now and even before I took the plunge to actually buy some for myself I had research pretty much everything there is to research on IEM.

SO to conclude (but again, in my opinion)
    4 drivers is a minimum
    The best two companies are 64audio and UE

I hope that answer your question brother
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

11. I regret my username

Thanks for your question dude.

In terms of 1964ears (Now called 64Audio), I would have gone with the V6 Stage which they have discontinued and replaced with the A4. So I guess the A4 woudl have been my choice with my band logo.

For UE, I would have gone for the UE11s for the same reason that I would have gone with the A4 with 64Audio.

Basically because I personally consider that 4 drivers in each ears is the minimum requirement for drummers regardless of the genre of music we play or in what ever format weplay.

The Actual instrument led me to that conclusion. Even if you are just a drummer and your sole purpose and fun is to play and record your drumming (and i mean just your drumming), A drumkit requires 4 drivers at least.
    Its a boomy. Loud and precise instrument. You need clarity and bottom end to be your primery target. Everything past that personal choice.

I have been playing with IEM for a long time now and even before I took the plunge to actually buy some for myself I had research pretty much everything there is to research on IEM.

SO to conclude (but again, in my opinion)
    4 drivers is a minimum
    The best two companies are 64audio and UE

I hope that answer your question brother
    I can definitely agree with that I was just curious as to which model you were looking at as I'm trying to do some research and personal opinions/ choices are very helpful Thanks brother!

12. Thrash metal drummer

It's been a long process, acquiring components for an IEM set-up while balancing a bunch of other things.... But I'm finally there and am ready to piece it together.

My needs are hearing my kicks (two bass drums), and hearing my click tracks, for gigs and rehearsals. Getting a monitor feed from the soundman will be nice, but i do plan on splitting my kick mic signals (internally mounted D6 mics) and routing them into my own mixer - probably one channel via a combiner. I also have a porter & davies throne on my wish list for 2017.

Anyway..... I'll post pix of what i have... I like to keep it simple and error proofed, but would love flexibility.

I have an alesis compressor/limiter/gate - this will guard against sound spikes from the soundman, right?

An EV crossover. Is this necessary for kicks or overkill? Worth incorporating if i later include the PD throne thumper?

Name:  ForumRunner_20161030_220956.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  76.3 KB

For mic splitting will those $35 boxes (art or whirlwind? I dont recall) suffice?

Name:  ForumRunner_20161030_220905.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  39.7 KB