Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. rockin' the drums like hell!

I'd like to ask a quick question and chek if Im in the right direction.

I plan on buying this ART mixer,
    http://www.artproaudio.com/products....0&cat=13&id=63
    this HEAD TAP will limit the signal from the FOH and i will be able to hear everyone else, cause not every venue I play in has wedges or extra monitoring.

or buy this one
    http://www.artproaudio.com/products....0&cat=13&id=74
    it will have an aux out from the board, samples from my iPod for some of our songs, but im not sure on how to get this thing completely running

thanks in advance
    English is not my main language, sorry if I write too much

Rep is returned!

Go get yourself a big bowl of SHUT UP!

2. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by Backbeat! View Post
    The link you just posted is to this same thread...
    I started this thread again in another section and Slipknot1 (Will) deleted that thread and moved the posts to here to keep the forum orderly...
    Last edited by K_KЯaMeR; 02-20-2010 at 11:24 PM.

3. This is just a tribute

Quote Originally Posted by mano_drums View Post
    I'd like to ask a quick question and chek if Im in the right direction.

I plan on buying this ART mixer,
    http://www.artproaudio.com/products....0&cat=13&id=63
    this HEAD TAP will limit the signal from the FOH and i will be able to hear everyone else, cause not every venue I play in has wedges or extra monitoring.

or buy this one
    http://www.artproaudio.com/products....0&cat=13&id=74
    it will have an aux out from the board, samples from my iPod for some of our songs, but im not sure on how to get this thing completely running

thanks in advance
    So much of this kind of thing depends upon your personal situation and setup. For my needs, the Head Tap is probably the way to go. The one question that I can't ever seem to find an answer to is whether or not it can take a powered speakon connection going to a passive monitor (converted to 1/4") because it's still going to be carrying voltage - right?

If the Head Tap can do that, I'm going to order one, ASAP. That would solve a lot of problems for me - right now I'm miking someone else's floor wedge, which is pretty absurd in my opinion because surely there must be a better way, even though the sound man says "no."
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

4. I regret my username

The HEAD TAP system has always been somewhat confusing to me... and the website info isnt very 'clear cut' either...

5. This is just a tribute

Quote Originally Posted by K_KЯaMeR View Post
    The HEAD TAP system has always been somewhat confusing to me... and the website info isnt very 'clear cut' either...
    Well I'm gonna buy one and see what it does - if I blow it up, I'm out $50 - they aren't terribly expensive. If it works, then I have a great solution from here on out for my drumside IEM/Click/Loop rig because either I can go directly into the mixer with a line-level feed, or if it works, I can attenuate it with the Head Tap to convert it to line level, and then feed that into the mixer - seems like a win/win to me.
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

6. This is just a tribute

Done - just ordered the HeadTap. I will post reviews when I get it and see how well/if it works.
    Patrick G.

7. rockin' the drums like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    Done - just ordered the HeadTap. I will post reviews when I get it and see how well/if it works.
    please, please do it as soon as you get it, you'll solve a lot of my questions about using IEM, right now I'm playing with a cover band, and we dont use loops or any other music, and am def thinking about getting one
    English is not my main language, sorry if I write too much

Rep is returned!

Go get yourself a big bowl of SHUT UP!

8. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    Well I'm gonna buy one and see what it does - if I blow it up, I'm out $50 - they aren't terribly expensive. If it works, then I have a great solution from here on out for my drumside IEM/Click/Loop rig because either I can go directly into the mixer with a line-level feed, or if it works, I can attenuate it with the Head Tap to convert it to line level, and then feed that into the mixer - seems like a win/win to me.
    LOL Take one for the team!

Let me know how it goes! I'd be interested in getting one too! (though I would have to get it online because they don't sell them here!)

-Perry

9. This is just a tribute

Haha! Yeah - I'll take one for the team. I did a similar thing once with my trumpet with a somewhat controversial procedure known as a valve alignment, where they do micro adjustments to both how far down your valves go, and how far up they return by using special non-compressable felts in graduated thicknesses. That ended up costing me close to $300 between shipping both ways and the procedure, but let me say this about that: It TOTALLY changed my trumpet for the better in so many ways. No regrets at all about shelling out the bucks for that one, and I was able to report on a trumpet players board exactly what I thought about it.

I have a feeling the HeadTap is going to be a great product and I'm looking forward to adding it to my rig.
    Patrick G.

10. I regret my username

Hey Pat any idea when the HeadTap will arrive?

-Perry

11. This is just a tribute

I ordered it this weekend, so I would tend to think that I'll get it within the next day or so. Unfortunately, I won't be in a position to actually use it until next week at my Worship band practice. However, that will be a perfect opportuntity because the passive stage monitors there take a 1/4" speaker-level input, so it will be a pretty simple matter to unplug it, plug it into the HeadTap and see what it's got.

Radial Engineering is going to release a product soon that will also take an actual Speakon cable connector, and it's built to also roll back the bass that comes into that signal, but to me, that's kind of a non issue - all I'll really need is level control because I can take care of rolling back the bass or adjusting the sound somewhat with the EQ controls on my mixer. Granted, I've only really got control of the lows and highs on the Behringer 502, but there will probably come a point down the road where the Behringer mixers get replaced with something with a touch more capability. Then again, it's just a monitor feed - it doesn't have to be perfect and all I really need to hear are the basic elements coming into it.

Supposedly when the church moves into the new building that's being constructed, part of that budget has been dedicated to also rebuilding the sound for a permanent location, rather than the portable stuff we have now, and the praise band is going to get Aviom personal mixers. The sound guy has actually suggested that I not spend a lot of money on my own IEM rig for that reason, but I figure that once I have it built and have the capability I need, I'll be able to use it anywhere and I've got a side project in the works right now, so that IEM rig can go anywhere I need it to go.
    Patrick G.

12. I regret my username

Anyone else got an IEM rack? or even a studio rack?

I saw some rackmounted gear today in the 'pawn' shop for $129 AUD a piece! there was

•48 point DBX patch bay
    •Korg Rack mounted Tuner (forget the model)
    •Cheapy Power Conditioner
    •Comp/Gate

I was shocked to see such 'nice' gear in a 'pawn shop'! I could tell that the gear was obviously a guitarists rack but still it all works!

-Perry
    Last edited by K_KЯaMeR; 02-28-2010 at 06:45 PM.