Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. This is just a tribute

This is what I put together. Everything is self contained and I can plug right into the house mix with a 1/4" patch cable and a direct box. It's definitely nothing fancy, but it gets me where I need to go with loops and backing tracks put together in Garage Band. I pan all the tracks to one side, and I pan the click all the way to the other, and I only send the loop side to the board.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

2. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    This is what I put together. Everything is self contained and I can plug right into the house mix with a 1/4" patch cable and a direct box. It's definitely nothing fancy, but it gets me where I need to go with loops and backing tracks put together in Garage Band. I pan all the tracks to one side, and I pan the click all the way to the other, and I only send the loop side to the board.
    Good stuff Pat!

3. This is just a tribute

Thanks! I appreciate that. I've been working for a couple of years to bring the worship leader around to the idea that we would be "better" i.e., more consistent, if we started using a click for some of our stuff, and I have always wanted to supplement some of the songs we do the same every time with some more texture by adding things such as a 16th note shaker and throwing in a 16th patter tambourine during choruses. I picked up a MIDI controller right after Christmas and started to build those percussion loops. It took a while, but everyone is coming around and is actually appreciating the click and the loops.
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

4. I regret my username

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate that. I've been working for a couple of years to bring the worship leader around to the idea that we would be "better" i.e., more consistent, if we started using a click for some of our stuff, and I have always wanted to supplement some of the songs we do the same every time with some more texture by adding things such as a 16th note shaker and throwing in a 16th patter tambourine during choruses. I picked up a MIDI controller right after Christmas and started to build those percussion loops. It took a while, but everyone is coming around and is actually appreciating the click and the loops.
    Sweet!!

Though, why do you have two 502's? And what is that nifty little mixer like peice of gear in the top right if the pic?

-Perry

5. This is just a tribute

Quote Originally Posted by K_KЯaMeR View Post
    Sweet!!

Though, why do you have two 502's? And what is that nifty little mixer like peice of gear in the top right if the pic?

-Perry
    I started a thread about this that hasn't gotten any replies, but there was a very good reason that I got the second mixer - I needed to have isolation between what I was hearing in my in-ears mix and that loops/sequences that I was sending to the main board. The other piece is a 4 channel headphone amplifier and other members of the band can plug into that - they will only get my mix though, so there is a slight drawback, but one of my guitar players plugs into it. Here's the thread I started that explains everything:

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=239420
    Patrick G.

6. I regret my username

Default Show us your IEM set up ('pedalboard')

This thread is inspired by spike_drummer999 and his awesome pedalboard as well as trickg!!

Post up a pic or 2 of your In Ear Mointor set ups!

(I have a Behringer 502 on order which will have my iPod [with loops on it], click and other little bits and bobs...)

For now, here is a pic of my Shure SE115's

-Perry
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. I hit stuff!

I only use this for my metronome and the SPD-S sampler for now, but I'd love to expand this setup to include "proper" monitoring.

More pics and specs in the "My gear" link below.

8. I regret my username

Thanks Naigewron! Great stuff!

-Perry

9. Moderator

FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

10. Connor

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPKNOT1 View Post
    The link you just posted is to this same thread...

11. Drum Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Backbeat! View Post
    Hahaha, that's classic.

12. This is just a tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Backbeat! View Post
    That's too bad - I was hoping to get some other ideas about different components I might be able to use.
    Patrick G.