Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Drumstudio 1 View Post
    Here is my tiny Black kit visually! featured in a new video.

Support fair music fair for little money: https://static-image.bandcamp.com

Tasteful rock music driven by the heart with tons of self-ironic overacting! Indeed, this is what you would expect when life long friends Mathias Will, Andreas Debus & Gerald Kloos reunite for a video after 34 years! This time joined by the marvelous vocalist, Richard Drummond!

Humor rulez... and whenever the friends since kindergarten, Andreas Debus, Mathias Will and Gerald Kloos can meet one, no one must! ;-) assume that, apart from their authentic enthusiasm for music, self-ironic, exaggerated humor and fun juggling with clichés gain the upper hand. So of course in this video too!

In contrast to the original line-up of 1985, the great singer Richard Drummond joined the band in the summer of 2019 and thus made possible the complete reinterpretation of their "cult" song "I Do not Just Wanna Dance", which has been planned for decades. Thousand thanks Richard!

Fun-Fact: The video is packed with more than 90 (ninety + x) biographical insider jokes & hidden cross-references but these are hardly to be discovered on a single look. The video was created as an adventure in the video game sector as an adventure. Hopefully no fallacy ;-).

https://youtu.be/5IjJK3Q2Aew
    love that kind of old school sounding song. it provides a nice hook.however, the bass-rythm section lacks amplitude, isn't '''large''' enough to me ; the lower part of the keyboard and bass should display much more oomph-volume,and should be bit larger in the mix to me.it would support the music much higher from the ground.but yeah,that song is inspired for sure.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Drumstudio 1 View Post
    Here is my tiny Black kit visually! featured in a new video.

Support fair music fair for little money: https://static-image.bandcamp.com

Tasteful rock music driven by the heart with tons of self-ironic overacting! Indeed, this is what you would expect when life long friends Mathias Will, Andreas Debus & Gerald Kloos reunite for a video after 34 years! This time joined by the marvelous vocalist, Richard Drummond!

Humor rulez... and whenever the friends since kindergarten, Andreas Debus, Mathias Will and Gerald Kloos can meet one, no one must! ;-) assume that, apart from their authentic enthusiasm for music, self-ironic, exaggerated humor and fun juggling with clichés gain the upper hand. So of course in this video too!

In contrast to the original line-up of 1985, the great singer Richard Drummond joined the band in the summer of 2019 and thus made possible the complete reinterpretation of their "cult" song "I Do not Just Wanna Dance", which has been planned for decades. Thousand thanks Richard!

Fun-Fact: The video is packed with more than 90 (ninety + x) biographical insider jokes & hidden cross-references but these are hardly to be discovered on a single look. The video was created as an adventure in the video game sector as an adventure. Hopefully no fallacy ;-).

https://youtu.be/5IjJK3Q2Aew
    yikes.... cheese factor infinity.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

3. Miles Gibbons

Fell down the Kijiji rabbit-hole a few weeks ago, ended up with this kit.

Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (14x18, 8x10, 14x14). Came with Protection Racket cases and a bunch of extra hardware. I chucked some coated G2s on it, but left the Aquarian Resonator\Superkick combo the guy had on it. The bass drum has tons of low end and punch, and almost seems louder than my Oak Custom 17x20. Great sounding kit. On this gig tonight, I was also using my Musashi 6.5x13 snare, HHX Groove Hats, a Murat Diril Dizzy ride and splash, and an HHX Evolution Crash.

Great gig tonight... huge band. Four singers, 3pc horn section, 2pc strings, guitar, bass, keys and a percussionist.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

4. Now With More "Whiz"

Just "unstack" your buckets, slap the heads on, play the gig, stack 'em back up and go home. What a concept...