Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ----->

I ported the FS on my old Yammies...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Get Down On It

Here's today's project. I'm gonna go with the 5 o'clock position for the ring. I need to be able to grab the mic cable attached to the SHU and have it not stressed over the hole. Should flop right out and avoid possible tears.

Also, I peeled the Regulator felt off and may need to glue it on if the head is too floppy.
    So, off to cut and test this head. Pics sure to follow.
    Ludwig Keystone in pewter glass 8X10, 9X12, 16X16, 18X22, 6.5X14 LC663 CopperPhonic
    Sabian cymbal non-endorsed endorsee since 1982

3. Get Down On It

Results:

As I suspected, the head was a bit floppy sounding. Adding the felt ring really controls the movement in the center. It sounds really good and I detect a really cool natural gate, which should continue to impress the sound guy. I need to use it out in a big room to really be sure, but I have that great mahogany boom and nice punchy tone I couldn't stand to lose.

Project successful!!
    Ludwig Keystone in pewter glass 8X10, 9X12, 16X16, 18X22, 6.5X14 LC663 CopperPhonic

4. Registered User

Hi, from Spain.

Im playing a 24x18 Reference. Im switching to Fiberskyn reso with a Powerstroke 3 clear batter. Hard hitter, rock-indie-pop context. Searching for volume and projection.

Wich weight would you recommend in Fiberskyn for a reso like this?

Thanks in advance.

5. Get Down On It

Whoa! Memory revival!

I guess I would answer your question with the way I would do it today. Get the heaviest FS they make. Small pillow not touching either head. Tune it up a bit and let it roar. Leaving it unported and micing from the outside might be best in your case to get that volume. I mic internally so I don't worry about that.

6. Registered User

Thanks!

I will give a try to a Fiberskin Ambassador Felt Tone (thinking about leave the kick empty and non ported).

It was an old post!

7. Registered User

No Ambassador for the Felt Tones... Damn!