Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Carolina Drumworks

Check out the snares at www.carolinadrumworks.com
    Beautiful snares at a very good price. I just ordered one today, now i just have to sell my dw/craviotto snare to pay for it
    These things are works of art!
    Last edited by Manicoti; 10-04-2009 at 06:33 PM.

2. Registered User

Which series did you buy? What it put you back?
    PDF Special: 10% off all snare drums!

www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

3. Registered User

That steam-bent rosewood sure looks nice.
    Not sure I'd trade a Craviotto for one though. There is no step up from a Craviotto imho.

4. I'm not Lebowski; I'm the dude

Quote Originally Posted by PDGood View Post
    Not sure I'd trade a Craviotto for one though. There is no step up from a Craviotto imho.
    Except Brady, of course!
    For sale!:
    13" Zildjian A Mastersound top/New Beat bot HH's
    12" Zildjian Z splash
    PM me for pricing!

Pearl Ref (SF) 8x7 10x8 12x9 14x11 16x13 22x20

Snares, Tama Artstar II Limited kit, Yamaha/Roland kit

5. Registered User

I am seriously considering a 5X13 Brass Carolina Snare. It is very beautiful.

6. Registered User

I looked around on the site yesterday and I'm considering getting a 6X13" bubinga stave.
    I like to play (Garth from Waynes world)

Member of the Green kit Army

My Kit
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...!!!&highlight=

7. Snare fanatic

Thanks, Manicoti, for starting this thread. It's great to see the nice comments. I guess it makes sense for me to post some of some of the drums here, as examples for anyone who doesn't get to the site.

To start off, this is a recently completed drum, 5.5x14, with a solid steambent Canarywood shell. Very lightweight, great tone, great sensitivity, made for an excellent young jazz player. Diecast hoops, Puresound wires, R-class strainer.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PDGood View Post
    That only counts if you like the sound of the snare. I think i'm just not a big fan of single ply with reinforcement rings. I've got a Dunnett Milkwood and i'm having the same problems with it as well. They both have a similar sound that i don't really care for.

You can't deny the craftsmanship of these Carolina snares though and for the price.....if it sounds half as good as it looks, i'll be ecstatic

9. Registered User

I agree, Manicoti, it is all about the sound. If you don't like the sound, then it doesn't matter how beautiful the snare is. I do like the Craviotto sound, although I could never make myself spend that much money on a snare.

To my way of thinking, when you're discussing any of those high end drums a big factor is their visual appeal and bragging rights because as far as sound goes, there are plenty of sub $500 snares that sound great.

So, if I had money to burn (and I don't) I'd get a Craviotto because I like the sound and they are gorgeous. Others may have a different choice. Sorry veggyboy, I wouldn't want a Brady. They sound hard to me - not the sound I hear in my head when I think of a great snare drum. But I will give you this - they are unique. And if you like that sound, that's the one snare that doesn't really have a less expensive equivalent.

Carolina looks like a young company on the rise and unfortunately I haven't heard them yet. They sure look great and if that's the sound you like then that's the one for you. But if I had a Craviotto, I'd take that one to the grave.

10. Registered User

Here is a couple shots of the snare I just bought from Carolina Drumworks. When I get it, I will add more shots of it with my kit. It is a 5X13 Brass snare with Gold hardware. Gorgeous!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

11. Registered User

This is the one i just ordered except in a 7'' deep. i'm not sure if i'm gonna go with brass colored hoops or chrome.....

The Craviotto has been put up on the block as of this morning
    Last edited by Manicoti; 10-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.

12. Pearl for Life

Wow, what awesome drums. I will look into these further. After all, we could all use just one more, right?
    Pearl Reference #103 Piano Black
    12x9 | 13x10 | 16x16 | 22x18 |
    Paiste
    Signature | Noise Works | 2002 | 3000 |
    Sound Formula | Alpha |
    Looking for 14x14 Reference Floor Tom in 103 Piano Black