Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Odery drums: good or bad?

Hi, Here in Brazil we´re all pride of Odery, they make some great drums!
    But I want to know the opinion of you, who don´t live here, what do you think of Odery compared to Gretsch, Tama, Pearl... Is it at the top level like Starclassic? Or is it comparable to Superstar?
    THE KNUTZ.com

2. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

I have only heard of good things when it comes to Odery. Use the search function as Odery has been talked about quite a bit ...

Ex: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ighlight=Odery

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

3. Registered User

They are amazing and hard to find haha.
    C&C/Istanbul Agop

4. Registered User

I have checked out a few Odery kits, and the finishes are nice (not to everyones liking, admittedly) but I found some of the finishing was a little poor (rough bearing edges in places, joins not quite joining, etc)

Although its certainly not BAD gear, and does sound ok, I would be reluctant to put it in the realm of top-end majors.

5. Registered User

I would own a set of Odery's if they wern't rediculously priced here in the US. Never heard a bad thing about them until just now in Damo's post. I'm more than satisfied with my RMV's for now though.

What does a mid range Odery kit cost in Brazil anyway?
    "The only thing trashier than a wuhan china is an agop china, unless you want to hit some rednecks with your drumsticks" - dudewuttheheck

6. 3pc. FTW!!!

honestly, i'de rather play them if they were more accesible. they have options that fit what i want, and do quality work
    Absolute Past

everything will not be made right

Absolute Future

7. Registered User

Top level kits!

Abraço
    14x4.5 Brady Sheoak Block
    13x7 Brady Jarrah Block
    14x6.5 Ludwig Black Beauty

CHECK MY INCUBUS TRIBUTE BAND!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

http://www.myspace.com/incubamos

8. Dylan

I have a Odery araucaria wood kit and the toms sound pure and smooth and project very clearly just like how modern drummer described when they reviewed them. My bass is 22x18 and is a big sounding and has a very wide tuning range. The lugs and hoops are top quality and look great. These drums are also very loud. The finishes are one of a kind. Ive played many amazing kits before I made this purchase and I kept coming back to the Odery and finally bought it. I'm planning on buying another custom kit in imbuia which is another one of the couple of exotic woods they use. Im still amazed everyday when I sit down and play this kit. Defiantly a top of the line kit.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by randdrum View Post
    I would own a set of Odery's if they wern't rediculously priced here in the US. Never heard a bad thing about them until just now in Damo's post. I'm more than satisfied with my RMV's for now though.

What does a mid range Odery kit cost in Brazil anyway?
    In Brazil a basic kit with 22 kick, 10-12 toms, 16 floor and 14 snare costs R$4000, what for you is about $2000. with power hoops.
    THE KNUTZ.com

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Mullen Jnr. View Post
    In Brazil a basic kit with 22 kick, 10-12 toms, 16 floor and 14 snare costs R$4000, what for you is about $2000. with power hoops.
    Actually the reason i am on here and i know it is 10 years later is because i found a New Odery Bubinga snare for sale in Canada for only $350, i am very tempted to buy it but that is a very cheap price for an Odery snare, especially a Bubinga shell snare, anyone else think this is really cheap for this make of snare ?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank You.
    ** CHEERS **