Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. hey, you there.

Northern Heights, Southern Lights California

Default I present to you...THE CHIAS!

Recently, I managed to find a full set of drums being thrown away by a high school, so I picked it up!

First, I present to you, the snare line since those were the drums I worked on first.

What I did:

First I took off all the hardware, heads, snare guts, snare attachments and threw them in a corner. Secondly, I took all the drum hardware and I lined them up against my wall and I hosed them down with water and baked them out in the sun. It only took around 5-10 minutes for the hardware to dry. After that I lined the hardware up against the wall again and I begin to execute a firing squad upon the hardware. I retrofitted my garden hose with 4 bottles of Windex and I began to spray away. Then I took a hair-dryer and began to hand dry them myself and using a nice clean cloth afterwords to give the hardware that nice clean "chromey" look.

I threw away all the tops heads because they had no more life in them. I did manage to salvage the bottom heads though.

Oh, as for the drum shells? I personally cleaned them with Armor-All myself.

As for the carriers, when I first picked them up, they were in REALLY bad condition, scratches, nicks, dents, soda stains and little bits of gum. I took all the carriers apart and I cleaned all the carrier hardware with Windex and water. As for the fiberglass body, I polished the fiberglass with some cleaner that were used to clean rims on cars.

And now I present... THE CHIAS!

You water, you spray, they grow.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Rogers Drums Rule!

That's a great find! How does one carry four snares at a time?00**

Seriously though - I can't believe a school would just toss those drums and carriers. You could probably get a couple hundred for each set. That buys a lot of drumheads. Are you going to ebay them?

3. hey, you there.

Northern Heights, Southern Lights California

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycat1 View Post
    That's a great find! How does one carry four snares at a time?00**

Seriously though - I can't believe a school would just toss those drums and carriers. You could probably get a couple hundred for each set. That buys a lot of drumheads. Are you going to ebay them?
    Actually, I have a full drumline set. Snares, Quads and Basses. I'm not sure if I'll be ebaying them yet.

4. Christian's Drummer Army

Wow, they look great! You did a really nice job there!
    PEARL - ZILDJIAN - REMO - VIC FIRTH - LP

http://allthingsgear.com/: All the latest news and reviews on all the latest music gear

5. .........

I saw your post on SnareScience about this.

I still can't believe someone threw away and ENTIRE set of drums!
    Gretsch Catalina Maple

6. ↓ ↘ → P

my god, if those need to be thrown away, I don't want to know what that school would have done with the drums at my school.