Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Intensity View Post
    Thanks Jazzy, it was good meeting you as well; you had great seats, I was jealous, haha.

Hopefully next year I'll be on that field instead of looking on to it.
    yeah. i plan on trying out for the blue stars snare line so i might be able to be on that field as well.

2. Rogers Drums Rule!

Thanks Jazzy, it was good meeting you as well; you had great seats, I was jealous, haha.

Hopefully next year I'll be on that field instead of looking on to it.
    I hope so! I'll be there watching. Be sure and let us know. Who are you trying out for, Bluecoats?

3. is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycat1 View Post
    I hope so! I'll be there watching. Be sure and let us know. Who are you trying out for, Bluecoats?
    Yeah, I'm auditioning for the Crossmen, Bluecoats, and possibly the Cavaliers. My ultimate goal is the Bluecoats, I'm not chasing a ring, I just want to have a great time drumming and I want to play ridiculous amounts of notes while doing so.

Plus the 'Coats have sweeet unis...so do Crossmen...either way, I'd be happy to be out on the field.
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
    Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

4. Curmudgeon

Phantom used to enjoy a reputation among those who dealt in used gear as a drumline who took very good care of their equipment. A friend, who works for a local dealer, has sold several PR drums to schools & individuals and they were all in good shape. These were all some of the Pearl gear that they used to use.
    "Amateurs practice till they get it right. Professionals practice till they can't get it wrong."

Support the artists, buy music.

Member:
    Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
    American Federation of Musicians
    Percussive Arts Society
    Vic Firth Education Team

5. Registered User

Yeah, I'm auditioning for the Crossmen, Bluecoats, and possibly the Cavaliers. My ultimate goal is the Bluecoats, I'm not chasing a ring, I just want to have a great time drumming and I want to play ridiculous amounts of notes while doing so.

Plus the 'Coats have sweeet unis...so do Crossmen...either way, I'd be happy to be out on the field.
    i could probably try-out for the bluecoats to. i live 5 hours away though from their Ohio camp so i'm not sure. and since Bluestars have their auditions in Indianapolis it's only an hour and half away. i may try both though, just to give me more chance of making it. and if capital regiment's weekend doesn't conflict i may try out there to, that's 2 hours away from me. i just want to be in a corps. it would be awesome.

6. is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by vicfirthrules10 View Post
    i could probably try-out for the bluecoats to. i live 5 hours away though from their Ohio camp so i'm not sure. and since Bluestars have their auditions in Indianapolis it's only an hour and half away. i may try both though, just to give me more chance of making it. and if capital regiment's weekend doesn't conflict i may try out there to, that's 2 hours away from me. i just want to be in a corps. it would be awesome.
    Yeah it would man. See, 'Coats and Cavaliers do a camp within about 5 minutes of me down in Austin; very convenient.

I know I'll going to march next summer; it would be cool to have a fellow PDF'er out there as well.
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

7. Rogers Drums Rule!

8. is ridiculous...

Hulk Smash!

I never get tired of seeing that drum Jazzy; sooo nice.

9. RLLRRR Music

So, I totally have been trying to keep this inside until it comes... but I can't... here we go.

I just bought a 2008 Cavalier's Yamaha Snare. Trying to talk to XL for the cascara wedge.

I can't wait... mmmmmm...

It's important to play the spaces. Silence can speak so loudly.
    Carter Beauford, modern drummer september 1997
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMixelpix View Post
    Yeah I gotta admit she managed to tune her cymbals pretty well.

10. Rogers Drums Rule!

Awesome! Did you deal with Doug Steinmetz? He was great when I bought this Madison snare. Be prepared to buy heads if yours is new because mine came without any heads at all.

11. RLLRRR Music

Awesome! Did you deal with Doug Steinmetz? He was great when I bought this Madison snare. Be prepared to buy heads if yours is new because mine came without any heads at all.
    Yeah! Doug is awesome! It's $400 for the drum and shipping! It's used (I think he said the guy with the green vest's drum), and slightly dinged, but he said he refurbished it himself because he figured it was going out with the whole line package. Instead, they left one... just for me.

By the way, I've always been fond of the White Max/Falams II combo, but was curious if using the Falams II Snare Side head would make any difference. I didn't know they made one, and have always used the regular batter head on the bottom.

It's important to play the spaces. Silence can speak so loudly.
    Carter Beauford, modern drummer september 1997
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMixelpix View Post
    Yeah I gotta admit she managed to tune her cymbals pretty well.

12. hey, you there.

Northern Heights, Southern Lights California

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaming Tree View Post
    Yeah! Doug is awesome! It's $400 for the drum and shipping! It's used (I think he said the guy with the green vest's drum), and slightly dinged, but he said he refurbished it himself because he figured it was going out with the whole line package. Instead, they left one... just for me.

By the way, I've always been fond of the White Max/Falams II combo, but was curious if using the Falams II Snare Side head would make any difference. I didn't know they made one, and have always used the regular batter head on the bottom.
    Falams II Snare side will give you a shorter, crisper snare response.

It's also more difficult to tune.