Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey. View Post
    I bought this drum today. It's a 14x10 Pearl FFZ Championship Articulate snare. These are the drums we used wehn I marched Music City, so It's really cool to own one of those drums.
    Nice drum! I've been wanting one for a while now.

You marched with Mystique? What year(s)? Do you happen to know a Marcus Hawkins? Skinny black dude with glass? Really over the top guy.

2. Rogers Drums Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Intensity View Post
    Hey guys, guess what?

That's right, I finished my Yamaha.

Attachment 427155

You guys already know about the hardware, so I'll talk about the shell. I've always wanted a black-on-black marching snare since the first time I saw RCC's indoor drums from 2006. there's something about an all black drum that's menacing, and I didn't have the opportunity to own one until now.

As far as the shell goes, it's fairly simple. I did two thin coats of Cabot Ebony stain, waited a few days for the stain to really set, and then did two coats of poly with wet sanding between the two coats. I was going to do more, but the texture of the drum just felt right not being perfectly smooth. I liked the imperfections and wanted to still be able to point them out because it made the drum seem more organic to me.

I got the sticker from Yamaha directly thanks to their awesome customer support, and stuck that badge on with a little Loctite.

Heads on this guy are the Evans Hybrid Grey Batter coupled with the Evans Hybrid Reso; I normally use an Evans MX5 on the bottom, but the Hybrid was free and I figured "why not?", so on it goes. Right now the drum is fairly low in pitch, I'm taking my time to get it up where I normally like it to be, but it already sounds fantastic. More pics later when I have a chance to run outside.
    Very nice job! It looks great!
    Last edited by Jazzycat1; 05-28-2013 at 10:54 AM.

3. Unban nik12

Where can I get a used snare from a corp?

4. Rogers Drums Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Where can I get a used snare from a corp?
    This is where Yamaha keeps their list of corps drums for sale.

http://yamahapercussion.wordpress.co...rums-for-sale/

5. Banned

Shipping only in the US

6. Registered User

I did so purchase the drum prior to a school however since school bought the whole arranged, these people thought it absolutely was much better to make it possible for every one of the percussion proceed as an alternative to individually.

7. Rogers Drums Rule!

As much as I love this drum I'm considering putting it up for sale. It is a custom Maple shell SFZ - Made for the Madison Scouts for their 2005 show "The Carmen Project". The extra badge commemorates their 20th year with Yamaha. It has never been drilled - never played outdoors. It's got very low playing time - like maybe a few hours cumulative - all by me. It has been sitting on a stand covered in plastic for the better part of the last 4 years. It's time for someone who will actually use it to own it I think. If they have the $$$

8. is ridiculous...

Well, it's going to be odd to see that gorgeous drum go, but you know, I agree with you. If you aren't able to give it proper love, then maybe it's time to sell it to someone to will!
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
    Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

9. Rogers Drums Rule!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251298404555...84.m1555.l2649

Hope it goes to someone who will play it!

10. Rogers Drums Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycat1 View Post

As much as I love this drum I'm considering putting it up for sale. It is a custom Maple shell SFZ - Made for the Madison Scouts for their 2005 show "The Carmen Project". The extra badge commemorates their 20th year with Yamaha. It has never been drilled - never played outdoors. It's got very low playing time - like maybe a few hours cumulative - all by me. It has been sitting on a stand covered in plastic for the better part of the last 4 years. It's time for someone who will actually use it to own it I think. If they have the $$$
    Reduced the price to $500.00 - this is a steal folks. If it doesn't go this time it stays with me forever...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=251301107743

11. Registered User

The SFZs are lovely drums. Pity I don't need one.
    Sonor S-Classix - Sonor 3007 - Zildjian and Dream - Marimba One

CHURCH DRUMMER'S ARMY

Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac View Post
    Each time i see this i wish i had the power to summon meteorite strikes or at least set people on fire
    just by hating them :(