Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Or if they came up with pre-made Masterworks drum configurations, then they could side-step the whole communication issue... wait...
    Lol.
    Pearl pics the shells and hardware and you pick the finish=totally custom drums.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Lol.
    Pearl pics the shells and hardware and you pick the finish=totally custom drums.
    I thought you could design the shells the way you want them.

3. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I thought you could design the shells the way you want them.
    You still can. We were referring to the Masterworks five sonic select kits where Pearl has pre selected the shells and hardware and the customer selects the finish.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Did you get all new lugs, or replacements for the ones that broke?
    I've order brand new lugs, 10 new to replace the potentially defective lugs, quite expensive by the way 28 each lugs, but it has to be done.

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFR View Post
    I've order brand new lugs, 10 new to replace the potentially defective lugs, quite expensive by the way 28€ each lugs, but it has to be done.
    Drum hardware is very expensive, and BRL lugs are at the top of the list of expensive parts Pearl has to offer.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Johnbe

[QUOTE=invertalon;1853299529]Ok, so I bought a new head for my reference snare the other day and was putting it on today. I notice that two of my lugs have cracked, and a few others have weird warping/pre-cracking to them, all in the same spot.

I have had this snare for a few years now and it has never left my basement or my hands for that matter. I tune it the same I always have which is tight, but not to the point of choking the drum at all. It has NEVER been dropped, bumped, or abused.

When changing the head I was shocked beyond belief. I find it hard to imagine even if I was using a drill to tighten this drum that the metal would fatigue and crack. Especially on a drum of this quality.

I don't know what to do and I am really upset right now. I have been playing drums for many years now and have always taken utmost care of my stuff. To see this happen to my "baby" just really sucks.

I will try contacting Pearl but I really don't know what will happen. What would replacement lugs cost? I doubt they are ANYTHING but cheap.

Pearl replaced the strainer on my snare a few tears ago. I'll bet they'll cover you on this one.
    PEARL Reference Series in Red Glass: 24 x 18 Kicks (2) / 14 x 6.5 wood Snare / 12 x 9, 13 x 10, 14 x 11, 15 x 12 Rack Toms / 16 x 16 & 18 x 16 Floor Toms
    15 cymbals Zildjian and Sabian / Pearl and Tama hardware.

7. life start at 125bpm

i'm 100% convinced that pearl will cover you up .not even a question.pearl provides the best CS ,it's proverbial.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's