Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Rogers Drums Rule!

I got my pad yesterday and am very happy with it. I didn't get the "care and feeding" instructions, but they did include a little bottle of the turtle wax coating stuff.

2. is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycat1 View Post
    I got my pad yesterday and am very happy with it. I didn't get the "care and feeding" instructions, but they did include a little bottle of the turtle wax coating stuff.
    That's odd, but at least you got the wax. I gad to go out and buy that. There's really nothing to it, use the wax about once every couple of weeks, or whenever the pad is dirty on the top surface to make it shiny and to make it not as sticky, then on the bottom use windex to clean it. For some reason windex make tha pad crazy sticky so I only use it on the bottom, but you can use the wax there without any problems.
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
    Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

3. hey, you there.

Northern Heights, Southern Lights California

Am I the only one who doesn't clean his/her pad?

4. .........

Quote Originally Posted by ChiaPet View Post

I don't have an Invader, but I tried wiping off sharpie from my RealFeel

It didn't work :\
    Gretsch Catalina Maple

5. is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by ChiaPet View Post

Yes...

I only clean my invader, my real feel has stickers and sharpie and probably blood on it; I've never cleaned that beast.
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

6. Rogers Drums Rule!

This is the first practice pad I've purchased since college! That was in the early 80's! I've had the same pad since 1981 I think. You youngsters might not even have seen one but it's an old Ludwig metal pad with a thick round black rubber center. Sits on an old single-braced cymbal stand base. I need to look through some old boxes and see if I can find it. It traveled with me to Japan and Europe. Very sturdy. Here's an example:

7. is ridiculous...

This is the first practice pad I've purchased since college! That was in the early 80's! I've had the same pad since 1981 I think. You youngsters might not even have seen one but it's an old Ludwig metal pad with a thick round black rubber center. Sits on an old single-braced cymbal stand base. I need to look through some old boxes and see if I can find it. It traveled with me to Japan and Europe. Very sturdy. Here's an example:
    /PPad.jpg[/IMG]
    Whoa...that's old school. I like it. Haha. I love old stuff like that, it's so cool to see how things have changed.

8. Rogers Drums Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Intensity View Post
    Whoa...that's old school. I like it. Haha. I love old stuff like that, it's so cool to see how things have changed.
    I guess I qualify as "Old School" I'd like to say I'm not old enough to be your Dad, but I probably am! LOL!

9. is ridiculous...

I guess I qualify as "Old School" I'd like to say I'm not old enough to be your Dad, but I probably am! LOL!
    Hahaha, well Jazzy, I use "old school" in a good way, haha.

10. hey, you there.

Northern Heights, Southern Lights California

Jazzy's old.

Win.