Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
  1. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaming Tree View Post
    Those Contacts are EXACTLY what I'm looking for!
    Word.
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

2. Registered User

Hey!
    I've had a 'dream-fever' since I bought my Bliss 18" crash/ride. Bliss 16" crash is also coming soon.

My current ride is Zildjian K custom 20" dark ride (about 2200 grams) and it's slightly too heavy for my taste (slightly as in not more than 200 grams). Now I would like to change it to Dream. Which Dream would be a close match with K custom dark? I prefer sizes 20 to 22 inches.

p.s. With the money I'll get out of the K, I could get new hihat also (contact 14" ) !

3. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by mkok View Post
    Hey!
    I've had a 'dream-fever' since I bought my Bliss 18" crash/ride. Bliss 16" crash is also coming soon.

My current ride is Zildjian K custom 20" dark ride (about 2200 grams) and it's slightly too heavy for my taste (slightly as in not more than 200 grams). Now I would like to change it to Dream. Which Dream would be a close match with K custom dark? I prefer sizes 20 to 22 inches.

p.s. With the money I'll get out of the K, I could get new hihat also (contact 14" ) !
    For the ride swap.. check out dream contact or better yet the energy series. I own the contact 14" hats and have to say that they are the nicest sounding high hat cymbals I have ever owned/played bar NONE! My bliss 16" crash is my main crash cymbal - just beautiful.
    Great choice in cymbals brother. I will never look back.
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

4. hi.

Here's a rough, rough sound test of my 17" Dreams. I may get my 22" tomorrow.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...songID=9511307

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mkok View Post
    Hey!

At 2000 g you are looking at I'd say a Dream Bliss Ride or Contact Crash/Ride.
    Although all weights are variable.

K custom dark again would be a toss up between bliss and contact -if it were just a K custom I'd say contact - but Dark might put it in the bliss territory.

Pay attention to Bliss Ride not Crash/ride. They are quite different.

I've got an 18" bliss ride and 18" bliss crash/ride. Very different pies.

That being said..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa7ex...eature=related

I'm not sure which one this is. Looks like a ride to me, but video is confusingly labeled.

But for a 2000g great sounding ride with an awesome crash and good stick definition this is awesome.

Just remember Bliss cymbals in the same range can be +/- 200 g or more from each other so sometimes the labels mean less than the weights.

At 2000g/20" you are getting into "ride" territory for sure, some of them are in the 1800 zone which is certianly more "crash/ride" area (at least for me)

I've got a few dreams and have researched them a little so any questions fire away.
    I play Panda Percussion and Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals with negligible talent.

At any time let x be the number of kits I own, then x+1 is the number of kits I want.

6. Spirit WARS inside..

I am looking at adding an 18" bliss ride to use as a crash.. saawwweeeet!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

7. Registered User

I've got an 18" bliss ride that makes a great crash.

Also my 22" contact crash/ride makes a great crash.

At any time let x be the number of kits I own, then x+1 is the number of kits I want.

8. Spirit WARS inside..

I played an 18" bliss ride when I first swapped out all my Zildjians for dreams and was smitten! I am so hooked on dream cymbals!!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

9. 4 8 15 16 23 42

Can somebody direct me to a good Dream dealer?

Also, more importantly, can anyone recommend a Dream ride (or crash ride I don't care) that can sound like the ride in this video? :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdqwmvKeZWc

10. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by Muse FTW View Post
    Can somebody direct me to a good Dream dealer?

Also, more importantly, can anyone recommend a Dream ride (or crash ride I don't care) that can sound like the ride in this video? :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdqwmvKeZWc
    Dealers..I would say online.. Front Range Bronze. They seem to have sound files for each individual cymbal.. As far as directing you to a ride like the one in the vid.. Dream bliss and contact series have that dark woody stick sound with that emphasis leaning more to the bliss series. Keep in mind that each dream cymbal is 100% hand made and as such will be one of a kind. I love my dreams!!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

11. 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygates View Post
    Dealers..I would say online.. Front Range Bronze. They seem to have sound files for each individual cymbal.. As far as directing you to a ride like the one in the vid.. Dream bliss and contact series have that dark woody stick sound with that emphasis leaning more to the bliss series. Keep in mind that each dream cymbal is 100% hand made and as such will be one of a kind. I love my dreams!!
    Thank you very much!

12. Registered User

Also Brandon trading.

http://brandontrading.wholemusiclear...REAM%20CYMBALS

Not sure how prices compare but the sound recordings are great.