Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Demon Speeding

Hey...thanks for all the comments.

Yes, I do like the sound of the pillow inside the kick drum with the Emad 2 batter head. I position the pillow so it only touches the reso and not the batter...works well to produce the short, punchy sound I like. This kick drum sounded like a damn cannon on the tracks we recorded. The toms were equally impressive as well. I can't say enough good things about that snare either...!! All around, I couldn't be happier with this kit. I'm really glad I got the short throne and short snare stand...the lower seating position is so much more comfortable.

2. The Fight Revisited.

yet another Vision kit with Optimounts.

It's almost like Pearl is counting on us to buy them aftermarker rather than include them in the first place.

Nice color chioce...these is another member who got the same kit, and later added the rubber gaskets under the lugs. It looked much better that way.
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here

3. Demon Speeding

Quote Originally Posted by ironcobra8
    yet another Vision kit with Optimounts.

It's almost like Pearl is counting on us to buy them aftermarker rather than include them in the first place.

Nice color chioce...these is another member who got the same kit, and later added the rubber gaskets under the lugs. It looked much better that way.

Thanks. The other user on the forum with an Ivory VX was here: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ighlight=ivory

I do like the addition of the rubber gaskets under the lugs and it's probably something I will do in the future. My next upgrade will be Super Hoop II's for the 12" and 16" toms...they should arrive here shortly.

4. Registered User

Default Nice!!

Hey Chad, it's Jarrett here. Dude! nice set up!! Im looking at a new kit and I think I might roll with the new vision line because they look and sound amazing!! I'm liking the upgrades you did to them a lot as well!
    1985 Tama Superstar in Red Wine Finish
    16x24 Bass Drum
    12x14 Rack Tom
    16x16 Floor Tom
    3.5x14 Mapex Black Panther Steel Snare Drum

All Pearl Hardware
    Sabian and old Zildjian Cymbals
    Vater Fatback 3A Nylon Tip Sticks

5. Demon Speeding

Quote Originally Posted by Slammz View Post
    Hey Chad, it's Jarrett here. Dude! nice set up!! Im looking at a new kit and I think I might roll with the new vision line because they look and sound amazing!! I'm liking the upgrades you did to them a lot as well!
    Hey buddy...good to see you touring around the boards here. I would definitely recommend Pearl's Vision kits to anyone. These drums sound awesome...!! I actually just got Pearl 2.3mm SuperHoop II's for my 12x09 and 16x16. I have a gig next weekend so hopefully I have some time to get the new hoops on and I'll snap some new photos on stage.

6. Christian's Drummer Army

Really nice kit mate!
    PEARL - ZILDJIAN - REMO - VIC FIRTH - LP

http://allthingsgear.com/: All the latest news and reviews on all the latest music gear

7. "Don't mess with The Rock!"

Everytime I see this finish I want it! Nice job upgrading your kit; the Visions are the real deal!
    Proud to play: Session Custom Maple (Cran.Fade); Birch Masters (Gold Glass Glitter) the "gigger"; SABIAN HHX crashes, AAX Raw Bell Dry ride,B8 Pro China Splashes, AAX Fast hats) PEARL, GIBRALTAR hardware, Pearl Eliminator pedals. PEARL snare arsenal; V.Donati, M.Rose, 6.5 Masters Maple.

8. Spirit WARS inside..

Nice lookin' kit!

You have the same snare drum I am ordering to begin putting together my Masters MCX!

Sweet Love the Ivory wrap!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

9. Formerly: hoffy22

I might get a Vision kit too! After hearing yours live at the last Into Eternity show I think they sound great for the cost. But I am probably going to the VBX

Sonor Select Force - Smooth Brown Burst
    22 x 20
    22 x 20
    10 x 6.5
    12 x 7
    14 x 12
    16 x 14

10. Demon Speeding

Quote Originally Posted by -Zebracurtainz- View Post
    I might get a Vision kit too! After hearing yours live at the last Into Eternity show I think they sound great for the cost. But I am probably going to the VBX
    They do mic up quite good live. Good call man...the VBX line has some great finishes.

11. Registered User

Hey Chad,
    The kit sounds sweet on your ep! Wow I was really blown away! I am sold now!!
    1985 Tama Superstar in Red Wine Finish
    16x24 Bass Drum
    12x14 Rack Tom
    16x16 Floor Tom
    3.5x14 Mapex Black Panther Steel Snare Drum

All Pearl Hardware
    Sabian and old Zildjian Cymbals
    Vater Fatback 3A Nylon Tip Sticks

12. Formerly: hoffy22

Yay Regina drummers!

Sonor Select Force - Smooth Brown Burst
    22 x 20