Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. A Passion Play ...

Nice rig !!!!! Tight and simple setup !!!!! SWEET !!!!!!
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

2. Spirit WARS inside..

I keep coming back to this thread to look at your kit! Love the Ivory wrap and your set up!! rep4ya!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

3. Demon Speeding

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygates View Post
    I keep coming back to this thread to look at your kit! Love the Ivory wrap and your set up!! rep4ya!
    Haha! Thanks a lot. I really like the old school vibe that the Ivory wrap brings to the kit.

I keep going back to your '83 MX refinishing thread as well...I LOVE that kit and what you did with it. I've been looking for a project kit like that for quite some time now. A few pop up on ebay now and then, but, a lot of the times I'm not sure what I should be paying for a kit like that.

4. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by Chad1200 View Post
    Haha! Thanks a lot. I really like the old school vibe that the Ivory wrap brings to the kit.

I keep going back to your '83 MX refinishing thread as well...I LOVE that kit and what you did with it. I've been looking for a project kit like that for quite some time now. A few pop up on ebay now and then, but, a lot of the times I'm not sure what I should be paying for a kit like that.
    Well, thanks alot Chad.. Now I am considering a VX (Ivory) shell pack for an at home, gigging kit..
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

5. Demon Speeding

Good choice! Not may people have the Ivory wrap finish. I've only seen 2 other kits on here besides mine.

Pearl got it right with these drums.

6. Demon Speeding

Finally got my Super Hoop II's on this weekend. Threw on some nylon washers too.

Made a few other changes as well. Gonna run my rack tom off a snare stand now and grabbed a few AX-20 clamps to cut down on a few cymbal stands. Waiting on some new Evans EC2 SST heads...once they come in and I get them on the kit I'll post some new pictures.

Again, thanks to everyone for the great comments.

7. Demon Speeding

I miss my drums.

We jam at our singer's house and he's in the process of moving, so, to cope with the limited space I've been using my Roland e-kit. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get the ol' VX's set up again...gonna try and get some new pictures too.

8. Demon Speeding

Here's a more recent picture of my kit getting mic'd up for recording. This was taken in July 2013.

9. A Passion Play ...

Sweet rig !!!
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

10. Demon Speeding

This is an old thread but I thought I'd post a few updated pictures. I put new heads on my toms and cleaned up my hardware set-up a bit before a gig last weekend. This kit still sounds great!