Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timpani Sticks

1. Brrrraaaapppppppp!

Default Timpani Sticks

Has anyone tried the Innovative Percussion range? I've played most brands/an assortment of home-made ones, but not these.

Any opinions?
    TWLOHA

Arbiter, Yamaha, Zildjian, Dream, Vater, Remo

2. Ignore me!

I have a set of the original Concert Series models...but I left them at the school for others to use as they are just not my thing. I currently am using the Tim Genis models, and also have a set of the now discontinued Black Swamp Bamboo series. My son uses Grover bamboo artist choice, but looks for individual pairs with narrow shafts and has a set of the Black Swamp Carbon fiber models on order from Steve Weiss. One of my previous students told me that the IP General Series were refined with input from Christopher Deane at North Texas...you might want to check them out.
    "I don't give advice. Professionals don't need it and amatuers won't listen." - Vida Chenoweth

3. Rogue Ex-Mod

The Innovative timpani mallets are ok. Not the best out there but a pretty good value for the price. The General Series was designed with input from all sorts of educators and players. They are some of the better timpani mallets in the $20-30 range.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

4. Registered User

Personally, I used to use firth. However, I came across some custom Timpani Mallets(carlisle) and I fell in love with them. I highly recommend them, they're a bit pricey(average around $40), but worth it.

http://www.carlislepercussion.com/
    You See yourself inside the world; I see myself as the field upon which the world is built.

5. Registered User

The Black Swamp CF are the best timpani mallets I have ever played with. I'm going to order a set soon!

6. Registered User

I use Vic Firths. I play in an orchestra, but I'm fine with them enough that I don't need to go out and spend more on custom mallets

7. Registered User

What orchestra do you play in?

I hate the vic firths with a passion. In fact i'm slowly moving away from them.

8. Registered User

Newfoundland Symphony Youth Orchestra. I don't take timpani seriously enough to be particular over mallets.

9. Rogue Ex-Mod

I used to use Vic Firth timpani mallets when I first started but now I like the Chronos (they are identical to the Adams mallets made in Europe) mallets and the Duff mallets. The new Carbon Fiber mallets are sweet but I don't know if I play enough timpani these days to spend that much on more mallets.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

10. Registered User

I recently saw an ad for Chronos mallets, was interested, but haven't met anyone who have tried them before. I'm most definitely going to buy the BS CF mallets. Unfortunately when I made an order last wee through SW, they were sold out of everything but the cartwheels, so i ordered those as a start.

11. Registered User

I play percussion in Swiss Brass Band, my colleague timpanist play with "David Morbey timpani sticks"....very very very great feeling!
    I love playing with this sticks!!!
    http://www.timpanisticks.com/

Bye

Olivier

12. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by nativeguy
    I recently saw an ad for Chronos mallets, was interested, but haven't met anyone who have tried them before. I'm most definitely going to buy the BS CF mallets. Unfortunately when I made an order last wee through SW, they were sold out of everything but the cartwheels, so i ordered those as a start.
    If you have any questions about Chronos mallets feel free to ask. I used a full set of the Cherry shaft in college and I own some of the Maple and Light Mahogany (Adams style) now. They are AWESOME mallets for the price.