Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timpani Sticks

1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood
    If you have any questions about Chronos mallets feel free to ask. I used a full set of the Cherry shaft in college and I own some of the Maple and Light Mahogany (Adams style) now. They are AWESOME mallets for the price.
    Will you send me your full line of mallets for me to try out?

2. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by nativeguy
    Will you send me your full line of mallets for me to try out?
    No, but I'll rent them out to you for a discount price!!!
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

3. Registered User

$5?

4. Registered User

Hey thanks again for those Vic Firth T6's Nativeguy! I'm really digging the nice big sound they can produce.

5. Registered User

Sweet man! Glad you liked em! It was nice playing music with you.

6. Banned

Throw it at the wall, if it doesn't slide down then the timpani sticks.

7. Deputy Grand Poobah

I've not had any time with Innovative Percussion stuff, the stores in my area push VF and Mike Balter pretty hard. I have a couple pairs of David Gross timpani mallets before Black Swamp percussion (I think) bought his mallets business. It's not on the website anymore.

I've had the privilege getting to use a pair of carbon fiber mallets made by John Beck and those changed my mind about mallets and the material you can use that affects the feel and the sound you get from the drum. Thus I'm a big fan of carbon fiber, though I don't play enough timpani to warrant buying a pair or even a set.

I wouldn't count out VF mallets though. Many people use them for practicing and/or rehearsals as beater mallets which keeps the good mallets in top condition for dress rehearsals and performances. It's less expensive in the long run, I think, to do it this way.
    Yamaha: LC2014-TC1986
    Gretsch: Renown Walnut 10-12-14-20
    Mapex: Meridian Maple 12-14-18
    Rogers: 13-16-22
    Yamaha, Tama, snares
    Zildjian, Sabian cyms, VF Sticks

8. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by drummaman1 View Post
    I've not had any time with Innovative Percussion stuff, the stores in my area push VF and Mike Balter pretty hard. I have a couple pairs of David Gross timpani mallets before Black Swamp percussion (I think) bought his mallets business. It's not on the website anymore. I've had the privilege getting to use a pair of carbon fiber mallets made by John Beck and those changed my mind about mallets and the material you can use that affects the feel and the sound you get from the drum. Thus I'm a big fan of carbon fiber, though I don't play enough timpani to warrant buying a pair or even a set. I wouldn't count out VF mallets though. Many people use them for practicing and/or rehearsals as beater mallets which keeps the good mallets in top condition for dress rehearsals and performances. It's less expensive in the long run, I think, to do it this way.
    Really? That's interesting. I've had the same set of T2 Cartwheels since my sophomore year of high school. I'm a freshman in college now, and they're still going strong.