Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Eat and Sleep Drums!

Default Export ISS Mounts

Just wondering if the ISS mounts are any good coz they look a bit unstable and could then ****** up the drum :S.
    Also wanted to know if you have had any probs wid them and should i get some OPSS mounts to replace them..

Cheers
    A Good Drummer Never Blames His Tools

My ELX Blue Mist Fusion 22" Kit

2. S.O.T.

The I.S.S. mounts on my Export are fine. I haven't had any problems with them. However, my Masters kit (4-6 months away) will have optimounts.
    Pearl Masters MMX

3. Registered User

I find the ISS great... they dont mess up your drums at-all... optimounts are quite a bit more expensive... and looking at ur saving budget thing so far i'd say ISS.
    *emo

4. Pearl + Paiste = ROCK

Drums sound better to me with the ISS. I thought changing heads would be a pain but I've had no problems at all.
    "And there's a lot more to drumming than just hauling double bass."
    -- Gene Hoglan --
    DRUM! 10/2006

5. Eat and Sleep Drums!

Kewl Cheers guys
    A Good Drummer Never Blames His Tools

My ELX Blue Mist Fusion 22" Kit

6. Registered User

Keep the ISS mount, I feel the drum has better res and a lot easyer to change heads.

7. yeah about that.....

i like the iss mounts had for a long time and havent had a problem since and yeah the opti mounts are expensive

8. Registered User

I have had ISS on mine for aboot 3.5 - 4 years and I'm starting to notice that the rim on my 8" and 10" toms are starting to warp. I haven't really noticed it on the 12" or the 13" but you might want to wait and spring for the opti's I have them on my two low toms (14" and 16") and they are great!! No real hassels when tuning or changing heads.

9. Registered User

Like a previous reply i would keep to the ISS now considering your budget. I have the ISS and personally think they are great but I havent had my kit for 4 years.
    BiL
    Pearl Export ELX

10. Registered User

I'd rather go and be safe with the optimounts. Yes they are more expensive but why do you think they also put them on the MasterWorks kits? It's because they are better than ISS. I think it comes cheaper in buying Optimounts now then not buying them and having to replace your rims from your toms because those ISS will mess up your rims. Better be safe than sorry. Hope this helps.

11. Registered User

I have the ISS mounts as well on my 11 piece select set, they are fine!! however on the larger sized toms ( 14 and 15 ) the standard stand "double braced leggy thing"haha is pretty wobbley. I am now saving for the drum rack to anchor the whole set down

12. PDF FF Champion 2014

Yeah, my 12x14 tom is a little wobbly, but want to get an ICON sometime next year, so it will probably be a lot better with that.