Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Exclamation My New MMX's - HORROR STORY!

Well my awesome kick *** diamond burst arrived.....NOT IN GOOD SHAPE THOUGH! All of this was bought from The Drum Shop in Portland, ME...I will not place all the blame on them yet....

1) My Resonant bass drum Hoop is CRACKED, almost in half! It will very easily flex when you pick it up.

2)The bass drum was poorly packed. There was tons of that "tone foam" shredded up placed randomly in the box...with the ADHESIVE still on it! The Adhesive was stuck all over the front kick drum head and on the hoops.

3)My bass drum claws (black chrome finish) were all thrown together into a ziplock bag! With the tension rods attached to them, so they were banged around from Maine all the way to Missisippi, every one was noticable scratched up!

4)The stock powerstrock 3 was in bad shape, 4 major pitts in the head i counted. ALL of the heads were beat to piss and back, the snare was the worst. It looks like someone was playing with some Omar Hakim or Rod Morg. sticks b/c it had that painted walnut finish all over the head, tons of black marks as well.

5)THIS IS THE WORST. My 12 tom was not included! Insead i ended up with a 10" Yamaha Maple tom in the ugliest color i've ever seen! It was Apple Sparkle Fade. Ugh!

6) I found 4 places on the rims where they were hit pretty hard with sticks, leaving some fairly noticable nicks in the black chrome.

7)There were some very light scratches on clear coat of the bass drum, looks like someone took a steel wool think and brushed over it.

8)Out of my 6 CH88's, 3 were already opened and used, one was crushed pretty on the end where the rubber stopper is.

GOOD NEWS...so Far...
    They are sending me a new hoop and new bass drum claws....when pearl gets them in. I am shipping the yamaha drum back to them and they *think* that my 12" tom is in the store, hopefully someone didnt get my drum! I'll take some pics of the damage and post them tonight.....

If anyone here at Pearl can find out if you have a Diamond Burst bass hoop and 20 black chrome claws i would appreciate it.
    MMX Diamond Burst w/Black Hardware, Pearl ICON Rack, Eliminator Pedals, Zildjian Z Custom and A Custom Cymbals, SKB Roto X Cases.

please visit www.smallroom9.com for more info on my band.

2. Dealer Extraordinaire :)

The hoop is a special order. The claws are in stock (part number D-054B). List is $12.00

A
    Proud to be a Pearl Drums dealer once again!

Drum Center of Portsmouth | 603.319.8109

DC Portsmouth | Facebook | Twitter

3. Registered User

Andy to the rescue! Man why couldn't you have had all those drums in stock, bro? Oh well.....

Latest on the 12 inch tom.....
    It's not in the guys store! He's triying to see if someone else might have got it or if UPS picked it up by accident. This is aggrivating....
    MMX Diamond Burst w/Black Hardware, Pearl ICON Rack, Eliminator Pedals, Zildjian Z Custom and A Custom Cymbals, SKB Roto X Cases.

4. Dealer Extraordinaire :)

shoulda waited til august
    Proud to be a Pearl Drums dealer once again!

Drum Center of Portsmouth | 603.319.8109

DC Portsmouth | Facebook | Twitter

5. S.O.T.

Sorry to hear about that, hope everything gets fixed.
    Pearl Masters MMX

6. Registered User

sound's like the store is to blame for this one, was this something they had on the sales floor? I would send it all back and get your money. Good Luck.

7. Fast Forward Eats The Tape

Everyone, make a note never to shop there again. That is so fricken stupid.

8. Ex-Member

yeah, selling anything used is stupid. u really should get ur money back ...and spread posters on ur whole town saying "The Drum Shop suckz, dont ever buy there!"

9. Registered User

Yep sounds like it was a used kit to me

10. Comfortably Numb

dude, send it ALL back and get a refund.

11. Registered User

The set was a "New/Demo" model. Basicly it had been set up in the store a few months and everyone got to play them.

The only problem with me sending back everything is that I have a tour stretching from Mississippi's Gulf Coast up to St. Stephens, New Brunswick. First stop is this weekend in Pascougoula, MS! Then on August 8th we'll be in Calais, Maine. I will be stopping by The Drum Shop on the way to Calais.

So because of the situation I'm in, I NEED these drums. Nobody had a complete set in Diamond Burst exept for these guys, everything fell into place just in time:

Getting the cash to buy, finding the EXACT specs on the kit, finding the color I wanted, getting it to me with enough time to get them set up the way I want and "test drive" them before the big shows start.

Basicly I'm not in that bad of shape, I just have to have that other tom! The 8 and 10 I don't really use a lot, but the 12, 14, and 16 are getting a lot of use, so theres a big gap between the 10 and 14 drums.

I'll get those pics up tonight.

12. Registered User

I hope they fix everything pronto and refund a significant part of your $ for putting you through this.
    I can only imagine your distress when you unpacked everything. On second thought, maybe you could sue for emotional distress. These are drop-dead-gorgeous drums we're talking about, not a toaster!