Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
Results 469 to 480 of 485
  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,518

    Default

    I want to say I can’t imagine but I remember what’s it’s like to have nowhere to play. Sucks.
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. More IS More

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    6,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I know this thread started in, like 2002 and your export kit is legendary around these parts but am I reading correctly that you don’t even have it set up?
    thats correct. It was setup in mom's basement for the longest time. even after I moved out 12 years ago. but she sold that condo about 6 years ago downsized leaving big blue nowhere to live. I had the right side of the kit setup at a friends house where we would jam a bit but that wasn't going to work out and I latched on with a new band project and was able to play with them but that was just over 3 years ago. so It's been three years since I've actually been able to play my kit. In the mean time I've gotten married paid cash for the wedding. paid off 40k worth of debt. bought some new cars and well life has just got in the way. The apartment I live in has the lowest rent i'll never see again once I move so the plan is to buy all the toys then buy the castle to put it in.

    If you have a 18x16 kick (Export series badge NOT ELX) in color blue mist (#273)
    PM ME

    I'm also looking for pc-50s, and CH-80s
    the biggest blue mist export EVER

  3. More IS More

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    6,985

    Default



    not bad for $199

    I seriously think just I buy drum stuff to somehow still have a connection to my love of drumming. luckily I have a plan in place for alot of the stuff I have.... so it'll make sense once I do get to set everything up

    If you have a 18x16 kick (Export series badge NOT ELX) in color blue mist (#273)
    PM ME

    I'm also looking for pc-50s, and CH-80s
    the biggest blue mist export EVER

  4. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myvanpounds View Post
    thats correct. It was setup in mom's basement for the longest time. even after I moved out 12 years ago. but she sold that condo about 6 years ago downsized leaving big blue nowhere to live. I had the right side of the kit setup at a friends house where we would jam a bit but that wasn't going to work out and I latched on with a new band project and was able to play with them but that was just over 3 years ago. so It's been three years since I've actually been able to play my kit. In the mean time I've gotten married paid cash for the wedding. paid off 40k worth of debt. bought some new cars and well life has just got in the way. The apartment I live in has the lowest rent i'll never see again once I move so the plan is to buy all the toys then buy the castle to put it in.
    That’s a great plan. I bought my first house in 2009 just so I'd have a place to set up my kit. The housing market crashed and I had just finalized my divorce so it was a perfect time to get in. I set my drums up in the “dining room” …

    Quote Originally Posted by Myvanpounds View Post


    not bad for $199

    I seriously think just I buy drum stuff to somehow still have a connection to my love of drumming. luckily I have a plan in place for alot of the stuff I have.... so it'll make sense once I do get to set everything up
    That’s a great snare! It has the 2014-2020 badge but the tube lugs are missing… what strainer does it have?

  5. More IS More

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    6,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    That’s a great plan. I bought my first house in 2009 just so I'd have a place to set up my kit. The housing market crashed and I had just finalized my divorce so it was a perfect time to get in. I set my drums up in the “dining room” …



    That’s a great snare! It has the 2014-2020 badge but the tube lugs are missing… what strainer does it have?


    man you guys dont miss a BEAT!!!

    it has the Pearl SR-150 Gladstone-Style Click-Lock... and the sticker on the hoop is sta1465al.... I suspect tube lugs were swapped out with the CL style which I actually prefer

    If you have a 18x16 kick (Export series badge NOT ELX) in color blue mist (#273)
    PM ME

    I'm also looking for pc-50s, and CH-80s
    the biggest blue mist export EVER

  6. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myvanpounds View Post
    man you guys dont miss a BEAT!!!

    it has the Pearl SR-150 Gladstone-Style Click-Lock... and the sticker on the hoop is sta1465al.... I suspect tube lugs were swapped out with the CL style which I actually prefer
    Yeah, I’m kind of a nerd about these snares. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I think these were the peak of the SensiTone line. They all had stainless steel tension rods, tube lugs, and a brand new SR-150 strainer. And the prices were super reasonable. IMHO, they down-graded the SensiTone line this year by taking away the stainless steel tension rods, using the less attractive and clunky feeling SR-17 strainer of years past, and then putting on the Masters series lugs without gaskets.

    Having said all that, there’s something appealing about the raw, nuts-and-bolts, metal on metal, basic goodness of the new SensiTone Heritage Alloy line. Though I really think they missed the mark by not offering them with the Fat Tone hoops. I think I would have been cool with the rest of the downgrades if they came standard with the Fat Tones.

    What you have is one awesome snare BTW. The Aluminum SensiTone is one of my favorites. It’s so easy to tune and sounds great without any muffling needed.

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,518

    Default

    Can you show me what Pearl throw offs are which? My snares are all different.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,277

    Default

    Lots of older pearl snares have an SR-015, “Gladstone” style strainer that pulls away from the snare like an oven door. I think you had one in satin on the older Masters series snare you sold.

    The most common strainer you see on Pearl snares from the past 10-15 years is the SR-017. These are like the industry standard throw off style you see on Ludwig, and other generic snares.

    The SR-1000 was introduced with the Reference series and a slightly modified version was used on all Gen 3 Free Floaters.

    The SR-150 is like an updated and streamlined “Gladstone” style throw off. They use a similar style but mini for the newer, Gen 4 Free Floaters.

    Name:  3AA1681A-9AAF-47BB-B163-899CECF796FB.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  77.1 KB

    Name:  3D18484E-B2B2-4266-9AD5-2415921F7C0A.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  90.5 KB

  9. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,518

    Default

    Thanks Matt.

    Ok, I have the SR-1000 (and all the other hw) from my Garryn Rollins MCX snare at the powdercoater right now. He said he couldn’t do one piece because it couldn’t be taken apart and has bearings in it. I knew when I was taking the throw-off and butt plates off and apart that it was going to be an issue. Seriously complex.
    Way Too Much Crap

  10. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Thanks Matt...
    Um…

  11. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Um…
    Sorry. Hellaciously hungover. You’re lucky I didn’t call you Stephanie.
    Way Too Much Crap

  12. ex-hipodilski

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,547

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •