1 1.45%
  • Santa Clara Vanguard 1978

4 5.80%
  • Other

17 24.64%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Best Drum Line of ALL Time

Who is your choice for the best drum line of all time?
    Last edited by Rudy Gowern; 06-18-2008 at 12:23 AM.

2. is ridiculous...

1997 Blue Devils

I love that line, they're insane, and they play some ridiculous notes.
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
    Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

3. Anything Goes

Even though I marched in the 90's, those Blue Devils lines in the 80's were badass. Very intimidating.
    Headhunters Sticks and Creations Artist

4. Rogers Drums Rule!

1979 North Star - If you haven't seen the video - see it. OK they didn't win the drum trophy - SCV did by a tick but the Chrome wall was something to behold!

5. is ridiculous...

Ahh, so that's where the "chrome wall" term came from. I always thought it was developed much later in the 80s. You have any video links, or is it just a simple YouTube search away?
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

6. likes inverts.

Cadets '93.

I know they aren't on the list.

I know they didn't win drums.

But listen to the incredible amounts of notes they are playing.

It's some great stuff.

-Clay

7. Anything Goes

To tell you the truth, Cadets '93 were great, but not one of my favourites that summer. I will not and could never deny they played a ton of notes, but I was in those stands in '93. I could hear some dirt. I think it was due to an over-hyped snare line. A tad too aggressive.

I see your sig...Dutch Boy '07 eh? In the 90's, I used to compete against Cadets of Dutch Boy in the old ODCA circuit (Ontario Drum Corps Association). I had quite a few friends from that corps.
    Headhunters Sticks and Creations Artist

8. Polish Percussionist

Bridgemen 83.

Black Market Juggler Blindfolded

'nuff said.
    Chris
    NJ

9. Rogers Drums Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by DrmStk666
    Ahh, so that's where the "chrome wall" term came from. I always thought it was developed much later in the 80s. You have any video links, or is it just a simple YouTube search away?
    Don't think it's on youtube. I have the show on my 79 legacy CD. If you buy the DCI fan membership it's available there as well. This years fan membership is like $69.00 but you can view the entire legacy collection online, plus the live webcasts. A much better deal than last year.

10. is ridiculous...

Oh, okay. I just have to go borrow that from my friend. He's got the whole set, I'll steal it from him for a day and watch it.

11. Rogers Drums Rule!

You won't be disapointed. The North Star show itself is one of my all time favorites - the music kicks @ss and the Soprano soloist (Jerry Noonan) is one of the best, if not THE best in history. Make sure and watch some of the others, too because that was a great year for drum corps. The drill wasn't anything like today but the music was better. SCV and BD were awesome. You have to watch Spirit of Atlanta as well - loudest hornline in DCI history - hands down.

12. is ridiculous...

I think I've seen the Spirit one. We used to watch a DCI show every morning and I think we watched that one. I remember telling my director that there was no way anyone could stand in front of that for too long. I'll check it out for sure, I enjoy watching the old school shows, there's just something about them that the corps today don't have- not to say the corps today aren't fantastic.