Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ringing Cymbals

1. Registered User

Default Ringing Cymbals

I just bought a set of ZHT Rock Zildian cymbals. A 20' ride, 14' hit hats, 18' crash, 16 crash.
    They have a very anoying ring. The crashes seem to go on forever. Any ideas on how I could reduce the ring?

2. Registered User

Return them, try out a lot of cymbals and buy ones that you actually like.

3. Registered User

Well instead of trying to change their sound by putting tape on them or something rather sell them or trade them in for a different set. Maybe check out the other zht crashes. Or some other brands. Meinl/Paiste/Sabian and see what you like better.

4. peace & love

Quote Originally Posted by thismercifulfate
    Return them, try out a lot of cymbals and buy ones that you actually like.
    This.

Yeah, heavy cheap cymbals will be annoying, lol.

5. Registered User

buying cymbals that you dont like isnt a good thing. by the way alot of low end cymbals have that ring to it but im sure you can find some cymbals that suite you and that are in your price range.

6. Registered User

I know that you should try your cymbals out first, but I dont have the money for that. I cant really trade them in iether, I bought them online.

So no suggestions for changing the sounds of the cymbals I have?

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LatitudeDrummer
    I know that you should try your cymbals out first, but I dont have the money for that. I cant really trade them in iether, I bought them online.

So no suggestions for changing the sounds of the cymbals I have?
    Even online stores have return policies. And it doesn't cost anything to try out cymbals.

8. VV MRS.HOTFOOT VV

As in the others posts, different, more quality cymbals may have better decay for you.
    A real quick fix would be taping up the inside of the bell of your cymbals, this will deaden them a little, but not look rediculous with tape all over the bottom of them. adding more tape should change the decay, the more the tape the more the decay.

zxt's tend to be bright, ungodly sounding cymbals, I would maybe try going for some darker cheap cymbals if your budget does not allow for larger name brands.

I hate to recommend them, but I believe that "DREAM" cymbals would be a good darker sounding, less ringy cymbal, and they are affordable compared to other name brands.

9. Registered User

Take em back dude, don't put up with cymbals you don't like if you can take em back or trade them for a decent price.

I would really recommend (as i have in other posts) The Meinl Classics range.
    They're brilliant cymbals at around that sorta price.
    They'll definately last you, I have a full set - they have done me proud for over 2 yrs.
    Groove Over Speed
    But occasional speed is okay
    I suppose

.......lol

Pearl EX LTD Rainbow sparkle
    Meinl Classics/Byzance
    Pearl pedals
    Mapex hardware