Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. What's in YOUR stickbag?

I currently have my mounts on the vent side, which puts the badge on the player's side of the kit.

2. Alex

put up some pics!

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Lay-z Reapah
    put up some pics!
    As soon as I receive the correct bass drum hoops, I certainly will!

If I had my wish, I'd rather have Piano Black hoops than the Sparkle/Natural combo that comes on the VMX..but I'm a traditionalist to a certain extent. I'd use the Carbon Mist hoops from my Session kit on the VMX, but the Session kick is 20" and the VMX is 22". I no longer have the Export Selects.

I'm really looking forward to using the set of Zildjian Armands I just purchased along with the VMXs. My first kit was a new '68 Ludwig Hollywood in Silver Sparkle with Zildjian A's. Joe Morello and Mitch Mitchell were my heros way back then..and still are!!!
    Last edited by PADman; 03-23-2008 at 04:26 AM.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by StickS707
    I currently have my mounts on the vent side, which puts the badge on the player's side of the kit.
    I'm using SuperHoopIIs from my Session kit on the Visions. The engraving is inline with the vents and faces the audience. Classy and clean appearance! Nobody sees the pin size badge holes but me..and I have to look hard to see them.

5. Registered User

Default Update

Reade from massmusic left a message on my answering machine but I got home too late to return the call. From what I can ascertain, Pearl is going to replace the entire shell pack and do a thorough investigation into the remaining VMX stock to see if this is indeed an isolated incident or a common occurrance. I'll know all the details tomorrow and keep everyone who's following this thread informed.

Cheers,
    PADman

6. Registered User

Guys...

Just wanted to drop a quick hello and thank you for your patience in dealing with this issue. By the sounds of it Reade has you guys taken care of, but if you need anything you can always call Mass and ask for me or reply this thread.

Thanks for the support guys...much appreciated
    Bryan

7. Spirit WARS inside..

Wow..Has to be an isolated incident here! Really kinda shocked to hear about the condition your drums arrived to you in! YIKES!...I don't know how much I would blame the China factory,,,I think (correct me if I'm mistaken) the VMX kits are made in Pearl's Taiwan plant..same plant that produces their high end stuff...You may have got a "made on Friday" lemon.. 00**
    I own a VBX kit and it arrived in PERFECT condition from the Chinese operation! Pearl, as you know is a great company and makes the best drums out there IMO. couple that with TOP flight customer service with reps like Al Percival...Pearl is The Best Reason... Keep us posted!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

8. Not Your Everyday Drummer

I noticed that on my 14" Floor Tom there seems to be a small gap between the scarf joints of 2 of the plies. So to me it looks slightly gouged out, however, It hasn't affected the sound or feel of the drum so I havent done anything so far. Great drums still!

I will mention though that this seems to be happening every so often with the Visions from what I can tell. Is there something up with the machines in the factory?

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygates
    I don't know how much I would blame the China factory,,,I think (correct me if I'm mistaken) the VMX kits are made in Pearl's Taiwan plant..same plant that produces their high end stuff...You may have got a "made on Friday" lemon.. 00**
    You're right..the box says Made in Taiwan - Republic of China. I was under the incorrect assumption that the entire Vision series was made in the new Chinese plant.

I spoke with Reade toady at massmusic. Pearl is checking their VMX stock for any more problems and will replace the entire kit. He mentioned it may take a couple of weeks, so I may not be able to use the kit for gigs until sometime next month.

It's somewhat curious that nobody from Pearl has posted in this thread, sent me a PM, or bothered to email. I don't expect any special treatment, but an acknowledegment or hint of concern on their part would be a comfort until this is resolved.

10. Registered User

Well, my VMX silver sparkle should be delivered tomorrow. I'll be doing a thorough inspection as soon as I break them out. If anything at all is not right I'll be letting everyone here know, as well as Al and Reade. I'll be looking for missing parts, dings or scratches, gouges on edges, mis-matched bass hoops, spaces in the scarf joints, warped rims, out-of-round shells...anything else that has been messed up lately I should check?

Also I'll probably be posting some pics in a new thread, maybe as early as tomorrow or more likely Saturday.

-Eric

11. Registered User

Guys,

As Al Percival of Pearl will tell you...there is always a level of error in each item made. No one single item is perfect...so the real question that you might have when inspecting your drums is....How off is any one given problem/issue. Most of the time you will see that nothing is perfectly smooth, or round, etc.

Have a great weekend guys
    Bryan

12. Pearl Corporation USA

Stan - Please check your e-mail and please follow the instructions I've provided. I apologize for your inconvenience and my delay in answering.

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville