Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Adding to my Export Select Fusion.....

I bought myself a nice Brand Spanking New Select Fusion and I love the smaller toms... but.... I do miss the deep floor tom sound...

So I've taken the 2-way clamp and attached it to a boom stand and put the smallest tom (10") on that, then taken the 12" and 14" and put them on the tom arms so I have a rather large gap at my right side so I'm thinking of getting a nice new floor tom but the problem is I cant find anywhere to just buy 1 tom... I'd have to buy a whole kit

So if anyone knows of anywhere I can buy a 16" floor tom.... non-floating prefered in an Ebony Mist in Australia... yeh.. thats the real catch...

Does Australia have an official Pearl Distributor? If so could you please give me their email.. ph. number etc...

Any help would be great.

Cheers,
    Verno.

2. Registered User

That's quite strange because usually there's not a difficulty buying individual drums for Big name kits...

3. Registered User

Hey I had no problem buying a 16x16 separate, but then again I live in the states, If you don't mind buying here Forks Drum Closet In Nashville TN would be a great place to order from, hope this helps you.

4. Registered User

If you don't mind buying here Forks Drum Closet In Nashville TN would be a great place to order from[/B]
    Do they have an internet site or something similar?

5. Mister Cobalt Mist

Hey Verno, welcome to the forum.
    I know there are a number of Australian members on the forum who should be able to help you, and some of them'll probably swing by this way eventually.
    But to save you a bit of a wait, I suggest you try to PM OWIMdrummer - he lives in NSW but goes to a shop in Sydney called Billy Hydes (and has a rather nice ELX special edition in Vintage Fade).
    If you want to see his kit or PM directly from one of his posts, go here
    2002 Pearl ELX in Cobalt Mist 10"x8", 12"x10", 13"x11", 16"x16", 22"x16", 14"x5.5"
    Sabian cymbals: HHX 16" Ozone; Sig. 10" Glennie's Garbage; AAX 6" splash; AA El Sabor Salsa 13" Splash; Pro Sonix 14" hats, 20" ride, 14" & 16" crashes & 16" china; Pro 14" mini china & 12" china splash

6. Registered User

You should just be able to go to you local music shop, if they sell Pearl (and they better) and ask them to order in one for you. I live across the ditch in New Zealand and we have no problem over here...

7. I have a"Laser" haha

if you go to the pearl website there should be a link to find authorized pearl dealers
    ......KOZ

8. Melancholic - Sojourner

• Marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman.
    • Guns cause crime - like flys cause garbage.
    • You come into the world with two choices and leave with the one you chose.
    • Abortion Is Homicide.

9. Registered User

Any Pearl dealer should be able to order you them as far as I know, try the place you bought your kit.

10. yeeeh ok shutup

Someone I know has a fusion kit and he just tunes them down to sound deep. I've never heard them but you could try that.
    My Kit

My sig has been described as a bit 'meh'

11. Aussie

Default OWIMdrummer is here!

Originally posted by Nez
    Hey Verno, welcome to the forum.
    I know there are a number of Australian members on the forum who should be able to help you, and some of them'll probably swing by this way eventually.
    But to save you a bit of a wait, I suggest you try to PM OWIMdrummer - he lives in NSW but goes to a shop in Sydney called Billy Hydes (and has a rather nice ELX special edition in Vintage Fade).
    If you want to see his kit or PM directly from one of his posts, go here
    Yeah if he had tried to PM me it would have said me PM inbox is full, even though ITS NOT! For some reason my PMs are [email protected]#ked.

Anyway as Nez said, i live in NSW and if you do too, then i strongly recommend going to Billy Hydes. They are an authorised Pearl dealer and if you want Pearl, then u need to go to Billy Hydes drumcraft! The staff, service and products are second to none. If you're in Canberra then try Better Music.
    Billy Hydes also have stores in Victoria but i have not had any dealings with them. Call Billy Hydes Sydney on (02) 92111700 and ask to speak to Ben or Tony. Tell them that Steve Kirton (me, OWIMdrummer) recommended them and they will certainly help you out and might do u a deal if you mention i told u about Billy Hydes.
    You could check out their website,
    www.drumcraft.com.au
    or email them,
    [email protected]
    There should be no problem ordering a floor tom in ebony mist, u will just have to wait probebly to have one shipped from the US.

Hope this helps. Please post in here again to let me know how you go.
    My original band: NO LONGER I
    www.facebook.com/nolongerimusic

My covers band: THE MORNING AFTER
    www.facebook.com/themorningaftercovers

My acoustic duo: THE AKOUSTICKS
    www.facebook.com/theakousticks

12. Comfortably Numb

hey verno, there's a kit that seems to work perfectly with the fusion set. it comes with a tom holder, a clamp and a 16x14 tom. it's a cymbal stand too, but you can probably just remove the cymbal boom if you don't want it.

here's the info direct from pearls site:

ELX-6F Expansion Package

The ELX-6F features a 16"x14" tom and TC-800W double braced tom/cymbal stand. This package is perfect for sets with 10", 12", and 14" hanging tom configurations.