Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Pearl Drums ☺

Default Pearl Soundcheck

I beleive the pearl souncheck (or something along the lines) should be re-enstated. I think a drum set at just over $400 is a great thing that begginners would definately buy. There are many people I know who want to start out with a decent drum set but think its rediculous that one should have to pay a minimum of $600. I can tell you right now that if the souncheck was put back up on the market, i know 3 people who would automatically be making the purchase on their first drum set. I know the line was probably discontinued for a reason but i beleive this line would raise pearl's sales. just my opinion. discuss.

2. 1023 yards in one game for Bo!

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. In my opinion, there is a major quality difference with a 6 or 700 dollar kit then there is with a 400 dollar kit. I think the idea is to sorta eliminate the very very bottom, because frankly, the quality may not have been up to the standards of a company. I tell all of my student's parents that they do not need to buy a 3,000 dollar kit, but they should spend a little bit more for 2 main reasons:

1) if you have a 300 dollar or 400 dollar kit, and you play for a while, how long will it last? I know for a fact that my premier "600 dollar, entry level kit" is entry, but I fixed it up a bit with the heads, etc.. and it is a great jazz kit

2) if you do stop playing, you can sell the 600 dollar kit for like 200 bucks and make up the difference you pay now.

Again, I understand your point, but think that Pearl has done great with the current lines they have.
    My name is Matt. I went to Temple. I love jazz. I was born in 1982.
    www.mattgallettidrums.com
    [url]https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/themattgallettiband/its-happening[url]

3. Kirk

I just got a set of Visions for my kids at Guitar Center for $399 (drums only)
    1985 MLX Red - 22,10,12,13,16,18
    2007 BRX - Midnight Fade 22,20,10,12,14
    2007 Vision - Blue Strata 22,10,12,14
    Snares : 1985 14" x 6.5" Free Floater w/copper ; 14" x 5.5" BRX Midnight Fade ; 14" Piccolo Free Floater w/red hand-hammered brass ; 14" x 5.5" Sensitone (Vision)

4. 1023 yards in one game for Bo!

Quote Originally Posted by KirkDS
    I just got a set of Visions for my kids at Guitar Center for $399 (drums only)
    that is a good deal. 400 plus what ever you need to spend on hardware/cymbals will probably put it in the 600-700 dollar range. Visions are pretty decent qaulity.
    My name is Matt. I went to Temple. I love jazz. I was born in 1982.
    www.mattgallettidrums.com
    [url]https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/themattgallettiband/its-happening[url]

5. is a robot

where soundcheck the same as the target? i think they just had a different name in europe.

that was my first kit, i think they do so well in europe because everthing is so expensive. there is no need for them in america as someone said above you can buy a much better kit for the same price.
    vater : pearl : meinl : evans

my youtube

pearl masters brp
    latest pics: p9
    white marine pearl
    20x18
    14x14
    12x8

WWW.ONE.ORG

6. Pearl Drums ☺

my point is that no beginner is going to buy a shell pack. i mean think about it, theyre not going to want to buy all that seperately, and theyre not going to have hardware or some cymbal stands lying around, and even if they did, a souncheck shell pack would probably go for $150 which is better yet.

7. drugs are bad, mkay

Quote Originally Posted by elfmotat
    my point is that no beginner is going to buy a shell pack. i mean think about it, theyre not going to want to buy all that seperately, and theyre not going to have hardware or some cymbal stands lying around, and even if they did, a souncheck shell pack would probably go for $150 which is better yet.
    bull****, beginners with a low budget will but there are beginners with a masters, and other high end kits aswell. My first kit was a TD-3 ( 1000 euro's ...) so all in all, no I can't say I agree with your point of view. Pearl would not be smart to invest in a low budget line, as the competition with other cheaper brands is quite fierce and it's just downgrading for pearl. It's like BMW saying oh yeah we're releasing a 10000 dollar car, for the lower middleclass man.. not going to happen.
    Beginners will probably save more money on heads and cymbals than drums.
    I have been punished by the sushinator

MAPEX MAFIA
    my kit, updated

8. Banned

My drum shop has a Forum in that carbon finish right next to Mapex QRs for the same price.
    So far they have renewed the Qrs four times with different new ones.
    They sell. Pearl doesn't. Same with the Visions.
    They ask people what they don't like about the Pearls and quality seems to be the problem.

9. The Animal of Sukus

My opinion, it was a good move to discontinue the line.

10. Registered User

if you want low end, get a Forum. it comes with all hardware, snare, cymbals, throne, even sticks to get you started. all for a very reasonable price to pick up a new instrument.
    I've left the PDF. Email me at mjdurante (at) gmail (dot com).

Drums: Pearl SMX & Dream Bliss | Ludwig/Canwood & Sabian | Roland TD-12
    Restorations: Black '70s Slingerland | '66 Slingerland | White '70s Slingerland | '90s Sonor Force | CP Snares
    Bands: Captain Starr | stereoINs

11. Registered User

Just thought I'd throw in my opinion (very belatedly) that I have a Soundcheck set which I bought in Japan just a few months ago for just about $400. It was a good deal (5-piece drum set with crappy throne and terrible hats and crash cymbal), but it was perfect for me because I wasn't sure if I'd stick with drums. I was interested, sure, but why invest $600~$1000 on something you don't know that you'll stick with? I'm still playing on my Soundcheck set, and I will continue to until next year when I move into the city and have to go quiet (read: Roland V-drums). I do think it's a little sad that you can't really get Soundcheck anymore, but I understand why they were cancelled -- they're pretty crap quality. Still, I am happy I got a dirt-cheap entry level intro to drumming.

12. Custom User Title

The drums are fine, once you accept that you can't get a wonderful sound out of them. I'm working on getting the money to upgrade my drumset.