Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default ELX with die cast rims

ELX with die cast rims, What does every one think that would sound like?

2. Registered User

what are die-cast rims and i will tell u
    *emo

3. MMX and MRX Abuser

Default Re: ELX with die cast rims

Originally posted by Dave Hartman
    Ok,.Ive played a friends 2001 ELX kit with die-cast hoops that he put on the "batter" side of the snare,.2toms and floor tom,..IMO it made the snare louder!,.Better rimshot sound!,.and projected it more with better definition!,..the toms opened up a little more and "cut' through the mix nicely unlike being drowned out ..Hope that helped as that was my opinion about diecast on a ELX..2 each his own
    PEARL ... The Best Reason To Play Drums :cool:

4. not cool anymore

It's definitely worth it to get a die cast hoop for the batter side of the snare. You'll get a little bit of ring control plus KILLER rimshots. for the toms, you'll get a little more focus and a brighter sound.

I'd hold off on the die cast hoops for the toms unless you REALLY have the extra $$ to spend and plan on keeping the kit for a long time. The money would be better put towards new cymbals or even new drumheads. New drumheads will improve your sound much more drastically than the dc hoops.
    I need nothing but myself and the truth
    -- UTE

5. Westcoast Drummer

I got them on mine... snare and toms.
    the only problem with diecast hoops is you need to change from ISS to opti mount because the claws on ISS will not fit on the diecast hoops. On the snare it makes it sound awesome and also the other drums but the overall purpose oif it is ease of tuning and no warping. But remember one thing it will increase the weight of your drums quite abit, so keep that in mind. But you should get the snare hoop at least. If you want to make an ELX kit sound and tune really good and easily, its worth the money and if you ever sell the drums, you can keep the hoops and put the triple flanged back on the drums to sell.
    Good investment overall
    Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow!!