Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 97 to 102 of 102
  1. University of Maryland

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    around
    Posts
    3,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker2
    tru dat.


    Even tho the woods differ, the shell quality between the ecx and visions is exactly the same.

    I disagree on the hardware tho, it may be for asthetics, but the ecx's biggest problems to me are the fact that it looks like an elx and it doesn't have the perks of other maple kits in that it has subpar hoops for the price and doesn't have hardware or good color choices, like some other maple drum competitors. The sessions were sort of in the same boat, but you had the benefit of opti's, great finishes and 2.3 mm hoops. The fact that it didn't have hardware was outweighed by these features.
    YOu didn't mention the price of it though
    7-Piece Double Bass BRX!
    The critics are raving: "Pure hotness. One of the nicest kits on here."-Fran, "F*ckin Beautiful"-NevDRUM, "Amazing!!! HOLY SHINIKES!"-rushofblood2112, "Gorgeous kit and setup"-DeadSkinMask, "Beautiful!"-drmrman, "absolutely awesome!"-AL PERCIVAL

  2. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker2
    AL: when is that modern drummer review coming? It sure has been awhile....

    and i know i've beaten this to death already, but in regards to the sensitone on the visions...one of the reasons i figured to stray away from midrange kits is because of the snare; i'd rather choose my own and get a very nice one. The tama superstars' snare is rumored to be fairly good, but i'd rather have a metal snare, and a maple one if i'm going to go wood. Having said that, the sensitone on the visions is a welcome addition!

    Anyway, my question is this, if you were to compare the visions sensitone to the regular one, would there be a tremendous difference? Lets say i was saving up for a steel sensitione and someone handed me a visions sensitione for very little moolah. Would i still be saving up to get the better version? Or would i now look for a different snare since the sensitione from the visions is so close to the sound of the normal sensitione?
    To be quite honest, I don't hear a big difference from the Sensitone Elite 1.2mm beaded snare and the Vision 1.0mm beaded shell snare and I think the tube lugs on the Vision sensitone are nicer looking.


    KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

    PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    on a hillside, desolate
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommySalami
    YOu didn't mention the price of it though
    ah yes! My bad!
    you are not to blame for bittersweet distractors

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    on a hillside, desolate
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL
    To be quite honest, I don't hear a big difference from the Sensitone Elite 1.2mm beaded snare and the Vision 1.0mm beaded shell snare and I think the tube lugs on the Vision sensitone are nicer looking.
    AL: why are you so awesome!?

    Thanks much, i think this is the only kit that will have a stock snare that people wont be running to replace immediately! (I didn't think that .2 mm of steel would make such a world turning, weather changing difference.)

    This may be the thing that turns me away from the superstars...i heard that the snare they have is pretty darn good, probably due to the die cast hoops, but i've always preferred a metal snare. God i cant wait to get one! Thanks al.
    you are not to blame for bittersweet distractors

  5. registered spendaholic

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wales UK
    Posts
    6,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Shub-Niggurath
    To my understanding, plywood simply means a piece of wood made up of several plies. Therefore, any drum that is made up of multiple layers of wood is plywood, even the ECX. Plywood is not a species, but basswood is, and that's what's included in the Vision.

    misstyped it. my bad

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommySalami View Post
    True, there are a couple dents in my forum hoops.
    Damn 2b's that I used when I started out
    I use 2S.
    My premier Olympic drums lose their tuning just after a few minutes of playing. My Vision VX toms hold up a lot better. To be fair, my drums are tuned at the very bottom of their respective spectrums, and even my snare - Sensitone Phosophor Bronze - which has 2.3mm Super Hoops has its tension rods loosen up after a few minutes of heavy rim shots. I want to upgrade it to the Master Cast hoops.

    It would be great to have the opportunity to try Fat Tone and Master Cast hoops to hear the difference in resonance and timbre first-hand.
    Last edited by Megyalila Ballad; 02-25-2020 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Olymic to Olympic
    <3 Pearl <3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •