Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Pearl Forum Moderator

Excellent thread, Butnutz! This will definitely be a great help for me with my career choice!
    Pearl, the BEST reason to play drums

PDF PRESS

PHOTOGRAPHY - TWITTER - RUBBERDUCKY

2. conqistador de pollo

so, i know i keep saying that im gonna add more information, and i am, but ive been a combination of busy and sick, which is good and bad. (money and suck)
    Official Recording Tip of the month for November:

Sometimes, things just need to go to 11.

3. Registered User

This thread is officially my favorite thread on the entire forum. I have always been extremely interested in recording/production of music, and I have been taking over as the recording-manager for my band (we record in the guitarists mini-home-studio). I have developed somewhat of an ear for knowing what works in many cases and what doesn't, but reading this has helped me put concrete facts and terms behind things. I'll probably check out the books recommended in here as well.
    C&C/Istanbul Agop

4. Noderator

I'm going to bump this back to the top

Great thread so far man! Keep it up!!!!
    2000+ posts club!!
    My Band: Papa Eden

My Kit
    Gretsch Drums
    Gibraltar Hardware
    Istanbul, Paiste, Anatolian Cymbals
    Pro-Mark Sticks
    Aquarian Heads

5. Banned

Ur the man

6. Registered User

Sweet stuff man!! I've been waiting for a thread like this (i've seem to have missed it too 'cause it's kind of old).

In a few months time im going to be saving up for some recording gear, and I think I have everything in mind that I need, but I would like someone who knows what they are doing to see what i am buying before I do just that. I will buy mics, an analog mixer and a USB or firewire interface first. So will the mics-->mixer-->interface-->computer work? I am looking at something like the Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO mixer (link:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...xer?sku=631230) and the m-audio delta 1010 usb interface (link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...em?sku=701340). Will this set up work? Should I get a USB or firewire interface? I've heard great things from firewire so it may be a worthy investment. Is there anything else I need? A pre-amp? I was also thing about an equilizer too. Is this a good investment??? I need a professional's advice.

I do the sound controls for some of my schools plays and i already know a bit about it. I can set up condenser mics on pipes and i know the jist of the mixer and equilizer stuff.

7. conqistador de pollo

Quote Originally Posted by .:On The Rock:.
    Sweet stuff man!! I've been waiting for a thread like this (i've seem to have missed it too 'cause it's kind of old).

In a few months time im going to be saving up for some recording gear, and I think I have everything in mind that I need, but I would like someone who knows what they are doing to see what i am buying before I do just that. I will buy mics, an analog mixer and a USB or firewire interface first. So will the mics-->mixer-->interface-->computer work? I am looking at something like the Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO mixer (link:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...xer?sku=631230) and the m-audio delta 1010 usb interface (link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...em?sku=701340). Will this set up work? Should I get a USB or firewire interface? I've heard great things from firewire so it may be a worthy investment. Is there anything else I need? A pre-amp? I was also thing about an equilizer too. Is this a good investment??? I need a professional's advice.

I do the sound controls for some of my schools plays and i already know a bit about it. I can set up condenser mics on pipes and i know the jist of the mixer and equilizer stuff.
    forget the mixer, preamps, and equalizer. Invest in a good quality firewire or usb interface that has preamps. Use plugins for all your processing.
    thank me later.
    Official Recording Tip of the month for November:

Sometimes, things just need to go to 11.

8. Registered User

thanks, can you recomend a good quality interface?

9. Vintage 1968

Good thread.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

10. quality over quantity!

i am in a little delema,

i am going to be applying to a resteraunt around here that hires 15 year-olds, cause no where elce around here does, and i have about 250 dollars right now for an interface, i was thinking the M-Audio FIREWIRE 410, or FIREWIRE SOLO, both look good, however, if they do accept me, and i'd have a flow of money, should i go for saving up for a while and get a firepod, or should i buy the firewire 410 now and then sell it when i have the money for the firepod, or should i just wait, i really want to get some recording soon but i suppose i could wait for a little while... but pleaseeee some advice im really not sure what to do!
    Mapex - Pro Mark - Zildjian - Sabian - Pearl - Evans

Mapex Saturn in Emerald Stardust

click here for pictures of my new MAPEX SATURNS, new pics with china!!!

my Oriental China"trash"

MAPEX
    ..A
    .....F
    .......I
    .........A

11. Audio Geek

Well how many simultanious inputs do you want? All of those are fairly good interfaces, it all depends how many pres and inputs they have on them. When pricing, remember that you still have to get mics, cables, and stands.
    - Justin -
    Audio Engineer/Producer

12. quality over quantity!

well i have a yamaha mg 4/10 mixer, which is pretty nice, and im getting the firewire 410, i think it has enough for me, all ill need is protools or cakewalk or sonar or somethin, right now i downloaded like, KRYSTAL or something, some crappy free program, lol, but im pretty excited, we're picking that, a snake, another XLR wire, and a firewire card for my laptop tomorrow, most likely, lets all hope for me
    Mapex - Pro Mark - Zildjian - Sabian - Pearl - Evans

Mapex Saturn in Emerald Stardust

click here for pictures of my new MAPEX SATURNS, new pics with china!!!

my Oriental China"trash"

MAPEX
    ..A
    .....F
    .......I
    .........A