Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Great post! Thanks for the help!

2. More IS More

am I the only one that takes a buffer to my pies?

If you have a 18x16 kick (Export series badge NOT ELX) in color blue mist (#273)
    PM ME

I'm also looking for pc-50s, and CH-80s
    the biggest blue mist export EVER

3. .deviantart.com

Great thread.

Can you get that wright's copper stuff in the UK?

4. Registered User

Hey, Nice thread, just wondering, as you said about groove juice, if i use it on my cymbals, when will i next need to use again?

5. [email protected]+3 Sabian whore

great thread. you missed one type of cleaning method.

don't clean your cymbals at all.

i actually should clean my cymbals cause they are brilliant and at the moment they are quite dirty, but who really has time for all of that S***. I say this only because it is nearly impossible with my schedule to clean 15+ cymbals every couple of weeks.
    Carpe Diem! It could be your last...

Mapex ~ Pearl ~ Sabian ~ Vic Firth ~ Gibraltar

6. Registered User

Default Watch our for brilliant finish and the isopropyl alcohol

Thanks alot but just as a warning I tried the isopropyl alcohol luckily in a little area before I did the whole thing and it dulled the brilliant finish on my Sabian AAX so before you put alcohol on your brilliant finish check first.

7. They need god- I need napalm

Quote Originally Posted by Myvanpounds
    am I the only one that takes a buffer to my pies?
    My teacher did this for a while until it turned one of his cymbals silver(?)
    Franklin J Puss- AIM

"Believe in me,
    And I will set you free
    I never heard a bigger pack of lies."

Rip AJ 04

8. Ramen.

Hi All,

Some updates to my original post:

1. Rubbing alcohol *can* dull the finish on some cymbals; I've encountered this myself, also specifically with a Sabian cymbal (although it was a traditional finish). It may be a change in the way that Sabian finishes their cymbals, so try an area of the underside of your Sabian cymbal with rubbing alcohol before you go on and do the rest of your cymbal.

2. Not cleaning cymbals is most certainly an option, particularly if you like your cymbals to mellow and become darker and more complex with time. Like I said in my original post, I didn't intend to debate the virtues of cleaning cymbals, simply deal with how to do it strategically.

3. Regarding the Groove juice - there is no real timeline of sorts; its a matter of you deciding when you'd like your cymbals to be shiny again. Personal opinion.

S

P.S. to the mods, if they read this - is there any way I can edit my original post? I'd like to make amendments, corrections, additions/substractions, etc.

9. Drummer for Asyria

i just used some Zildjian cleaner on my cymbals... it was pretty good but could have been better... my cloth also got covered in black s***. if there was any extra polish, i windexed it off...i hope thats ok. it did get rid of the crappy brown on my hi hats, so now it wont bug me.
    ill definitly have to keep up with my cymbals from now on, and maybe go back with a new cloth and try this again.
    any comments on experiences with Zildjian polish?

EDIT: after checking on my cymbals.... i dont like zildjian cleaner... it sucks cuz its a cream and i would much rather use Sabian spray
    Last edited by AndJustice4All68; 10-24-2006 at 06:12 PM.
    I used to use this forum for quite a long time, took a break from 2010-late 2012. Hoping to be more active again!

10. Nobody messes with the Jesus

you mentioned Wright's Copper Cream, but would'nt Brasso be alright also? It says on the package that it is good for copper. My school uses Bar Keepers Friend on their cymbals, it cleans well but it takes logo's right off and is abrasive. I was just wondering if these are'nt bad for cleaning cymbals.
    Pearl 2002 ELX Burgundy Mist

22x16 Bass Drum
    14x5.5 Wood Snare
    12x9 Tom
    13x10 Tom
    16x16 Floor Tom
    DW 7000 Series Double Bass Pedal

11. Energy

How about the Discontinued Zildjian Platinum line. I have green gunk building real fast on my 22" Platinum Ping Ride. Any Ideas on how to take em off ? Thanks
    .:: energy ::.

12. Drummer for Asyria

Default Sabian Cymbal Cleaner

i recently bought a used cymbals with a lot of fingerprints and crap on it, and heres the before/after of using Sabian Cymbal Spray.
    cant even tell it was used!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I used to use this forum for quite a long time, took a break from 2010-late 2012. Hoping to be more active again!