Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
  1. Music Lover

If the cymbals are not too bad, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are quite good. Forgive me if that has already been said; I did not read any other page of this besides this one. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drum, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AA, AAX, HHX, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
    If the cymbals are not too bad, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are quite good. Forgive me if that has already been said; I did not read any other page of this besides this one. Peace and goodwill.
    They scratch brilliant cymbals... trust me, I recently had 24 cymbals resurfaced, that all had hazing from using Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on them. I don't know how they work on traditional finish cymbals.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Music Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    They scratch brilliant cymbals... trust me, I recently had 24 cymbals resurfaced, that all had hazing from using Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on them. I don't know how they work on traditional finish cymbals.
    Wow! I have had no problems with any cymbals using Magic Erasers, B20 or B8, traditional or brilliant. Your "mileage" may vary. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drum, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AA, AAX, HHX, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

4. Registered User

Default Bar Keepers Friend Fan

After spending entirely too much time researching cymbal cleaning, decided to take the Barkeeper's Friend liquid route. Test cases were a Zildjian 18" Medium Crash, and a 15" K Thin Dark Crash. I am not from the school of removing logos, so I avoided using cleaner on the logos themselves. Plus I figured it would give me a good contrast on the cymbal (this was the first time I tried to clean my cymbals) to see how well the BKF did or didn't do. Given the amount of posts that I have read and the corresponding lack of before and after photos, thought I'd share my results for anyone that might be interested. Name:  IMG_6143.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  114.2 KBName:  IMG_6144.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  84.9 KBName:  IMG_5964.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  82.4 KBName:  IMG_6142.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  83.7 KB

I will tell you I am pleasantly surprised what BKF liquid did. Apply, let sit for 10 minutes, rinse, dry. You will see around the logos, especially on the K what the difference is. I may at some point do a little more detail work to get closer to the logos, but for now I'm just really excited with how well they came out with what effort I put in to them.