Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Exploring the beat world !

Ludwig - Premier - Mapex - Taye !

Ludwig maple snare sound absolutely awesome - Premier Bass drum sound are amazing - any Mapex series are good - TAYE studiomaple shell are greatly done and sound thunderous...
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN

Member of: Aquarian Preacher Nation & AAXplosion Army

maniac0796: Doesn't matter with Remo. By the time you realize they had coating, it'll be gone.

2. SUPERJERK

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Monkey
    get facts right. they dont all use keller
    I would argue with you.....

but you have a great song in your signature.

Frizzle Fry is one of my favorite Primus albums.
    Remo MasterTouchArctic White
    22x16, 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5 Pearl Sensitone Aluminum
    Paiste 2oo2 18", 20" Crash, 21" Big Beat, 15" Giant Beat Hi Hats

SUPERJERK: BandCamp Facebook

3. I'm attracted to you

Quote Originally Posted by steviethunders

I believe that some of the bigger custom companys (like DW, Pearl Masterworks, Sonor SQ2, Gretsch Maple Custom ((I think thats what its called)) etc) manufacture their own shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Faustus
    Oh yeah, defin RMV wayyyy up there.

Someone rep this kid and Ill rep you , I cant rep him anymore, but hes definately right, RMV is sooo underated.
    I'm like Che Guevara with bling on; I'm complex

4. Registered User

but you have a great song in your signature.

Frizzle Fry is one of my favorite Primus albums.

cheers man, love all primus and claypool. but you cant argue anyway
    THERE ARE 3 KINDS OF TURD IN THIS WORLD............
    CUSTURD
    MUSTURD
    AND YOU, YOU S~*T

5. Working drummer

Quote Originally Posted by Bierce85
    Pearl. You guys don't see it because this is a Pearl forum, but Pearls are probably the most trash-talked, ignored brand among "drum afficianado's".

I have to agree with you to an extent. I met & talked with Bobby Blotzer (RATT) while he was here in Austin during the NAMM convention. Being a drummer,I thought I'd talk to him since we had that in common. I told him I was a Pearl man. Almost immediately he bashed Pearl saying they made crap for a product. He was,is & always will be a Yamaha man. Being that he's 20 years my senior,I wasn't in a position to argue with a man whose played drums & toured the world for about as long as I've been breathing. Plus he was quite inebriated,lol. But that was just unexpected since it seems that every drummer out of that era played Pearl. And I was slightly disappointed that he would put them down the way he did. He was a nice guy until it came to talking about that,lol.

I guess I would have to say Ludwig. I don't see any problem with releasing the "Bonham" kits. To some,it may look like an easy cash-in since he's EVERYBODY'S drum god & Ludwig may seem to take credit for his success. But again,people are buying them. I would too...
    "People who don't care for their drums really annoy me." - John Bonham

Life's too short to play with sh***y musicians. - Me

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by joey_jordison1
    I believe that some of the bigger custom companys (like DW, Pearl Masterworks, Sonor SQ2, Gretsch Maple Custom ((I think thats what its called)) etc) manufacture their own shells.

Someone rep this kid and Ill rep you , I cant rep him anymore, but hes definately right, RMV is sooo underated.
    Rep me....

He was commenting on me saying RMV. Now where's my rep. LOL

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rsdrummer
    I have to agree with you to an extent. I met & talked with Bobby Blotzer (RATT) while he was here in Austin during the NAMM convention. Being a drummer,I thought I'd talk to him since we had that in common. I told him I was a Pearl man. Almost immediately he bashed Pearl saying they made crap for a product. He was,is & always will be a Yamaha man. Being that he's 20 years my senior,I wasn't in a position to argue with a man whose played drums & toured the world for about as long as I've been breathing. Plus he was quite inebriated,lol. But that was just unexpected since it seems that every drummer out of that era played Pearl. And I was slightly disappointed that he would put them down the way he did. He was a nice guy until it came to talking about that,lol.

I guess I would have to say Ludwig. I don't see any problem with releasing the "Bonham" kits. To some,it may look like an easy cash-in since he's EVERYBODY'S drum god & Ludwig may seem to take credit for his success. But again,people are buying them. I would too...
    I think the Blotz used to play TAMA. At least he did when the EP and their first album came out. I have video of him playing a red Tama with ebony resos. Maybe I'm wrong.... it's been 22 years or so, so cut me some slack if I am.

8. .:paranoid, but no android:.

Mapex and Premier
    Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Tay
    I can now officially say you have one of the best Sessions on the Forum...
    SMX

9. SUPERJERK

Quote Originally Posted by SMX_Dizzy
    Mapex and Premier
    Mapex is starting to come up now. I remember when I started I thought Mapex was horrible because of their logo. But I was 13!
    Remo MasterTouchArctic White
    22x16, 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5 Pearl Sensitone Aluminum
    Paiste 2oo2 18", 20" Crash, 21" Big Beat, 15" Giant Beat Hi Hats

SUPERJERK: BandCamp Facebook

10. Banned - new account "parmesan"

It really depends on the location. RMVs and Oderys are overrated in Brazil. Intermediate kits are underrated (because of the shells most times) in any imported brand around here.

11. Youth Gone Wild!

Mapex is starting to come up now. I remember when I started I thought Mapex was horrible because of their logo. But I was 13!
    I remember when I was young there was a Mars Music that had all Mapex kits. I didn't really like them and I thought they were too expensive.
    Now I like them.

RMV and Taye.
    14"x6.5" PEARL BRASS F/F FOR SALE
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150433865236

PEARL ELIMINATORS - PM ME
    26" TAMA STARCLASSIC KICK - PM ME
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1182

12. Mr. Huge

premier is definatly the most under rated i think