Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Registered User

I don't think I've ever met a girl/woman as obsessed/enamored by a musical instrument as guys can get.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

2. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    I don't think I've ever met a girl/woman as obsessed/enamored by a musical instrument as guys can get.
    What about Meytal "cleavage and smile" choen? :P You think she's obsessed with gear?

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    What about Meytal "cleavage and smile" choen? :P You think she's obsessed with gear?
    Could be. Or maybe she's just a good player with endorsements. I mean, I haven't seen her participating on any of the drum forums like all us guys. Having and knowing about nice gear doesn't necessarily mean you spend a lot of time discussing all the minutiae of said gear with random online strangers. That tends to be a more male trait, typically. Like with cars, guitars, comic books, movie memorabilia, sports memorabilia, anything that can be collected/hoarded... It just seems like women don't generally get as "into" things as guys tend to do.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

4. Drumming Since 1943

We’re all the product of our upbringings. Dudes are taught to like certain things, girls others. There are exceptions of course.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    One that springs to mind is Nita Strauss. Massive gear-head, but guitars as opposed to drums.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

6. The Hardware Guy

That's generous of you. Nice smile though.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

7. life start at 125bpm

as i said some years ago, i so like **looking**at meytal cohen'S vids. on top of it, she 's very good at lars's covers.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    One that springs to mind is Nita Strauss. Massive gear-head, but guitars as opposed to drums.
    There are exceptions to everything, of course.

Yeah, there are female drummers out there. But for every one you name, I could name at least ten male drummers. So there are already way fewer female drummers out there in general. Then from that relatively small number, you find the even smaller number that are really into gear. Then the even smaller number that are so into gear that they join drum forums... Then factor in the amount of creeps they probably get on their jock because "female drummers are hot, dude". Then there are the ones that maybe get tired of the "male energy" that occurs in some threads. So the few that were out there get scared off... I'm guessing that's why there are so few women on here.

9. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    as i said some years ago, i so like **looking**at meytal cohen'S vids. on top of it, she 's very good at lars's
    She's a good drummer but I mean come on, turn down the tracks, turn up the actual drums being played and get a freaking sweater! Boobs sell, that's for sure.

10. Drumming Since 1943

She's a good drummer but I mean come on, turn down the tracks, turn up the actual drums being played and get a freaking sweater! Boobs sell, that's for sure.
    You’re joking, right?
    Way Too Much Crap

11. life start at 125bpm

that is exactly what i was thinking of her couple years ago. drums very low in the mix ,which was forgiving because she wasn't strong enough to hit decently hard....but things has changed . she play much better,and she added some strenght to her playing........

what you mentionned in your post is a problem plaguing a lot of drummers these days : they're weak, without any strenght-power, barely hitting the drums lol!!....and you know like me that,once on stage,even mic'ed,you need to hit at least medium hard to get a good sound out the drums.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes