Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by corsair View Post
    excellent idea. And the cost of it must be 1/4th the price of a dedicated hi-hat adapter.
    Yeah, the clamp (axl-25?) was the most expensive part since I bought them new. I have about five clutches laying around so using these two was no problem.

I've accrued so much extra hardware over the last 15 years that I'm constantly trying to repurpose pieces in a creative way. Even if it's something small like just using a different wingnut that matches the rest of the hardware!

Name:  image-3270687131.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  76.1 KB

This clamp came with a real basic T-handle so I swapped it with a contoured handle from a boom stand I'm not using. I just think it looks and feels nicer.

2. My Concord Faded

This thread really needs to be stickied... just sayin...

Well ok, not really a piece of drum hardware although it can certainly be used for them!!

I wanted to be able to have a mount for my camera that would allow quick release to snap pics while im out on my motorcycle, so i snagged a cheap on off eBay and no matter how tight i tightened it, it slipped, really easy too.

So i got to thinking about what stuff i had around the house and what i could use to make one for. I ended up tearing apart a spare tripod that came with a telescope, but was too flimsy to really be useful and used the clamp off a UX-80 for the bar mount.

Here is Revision #1

And the much more refined Rev. #2

And trust me, if you know Pearl stuff at all, you KNOW this doesnt move ONE BIT!! It also allows me to use my tripods quick release without taking it off the handlebars.
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

3. It takes so long to pack up!

I love this thread. Basically this post is just so I can subscribe to it.

I used to do something similar to others with an s-2000 snare base, get the top two sections of a bc-2000 boom stand so the normal vertical tube goes into the snare base, then make the tilter go 90 degrees for the grooved boom section. With the good old add-on heads of that series, I would have my percussion stand of jam black, tambourine and sometimes a trigger pad on there.

It was nice and comfortable to tuck in while not take up too much floor space around my fold back wedge or side fill etc.

4. I regret my username

I'm going to bump this because this is possible one of the best threads on here!

I think i've got a few things to contribute tomorrow when I can take some photos

5. FKA Tasty808

Bump.

Anybody do any cool mods lately?

6. Registered User

I was wondering the same thing. This thread and another similar one came to mind when discussing some mods in another thread. Hopefully the bump will catch someone's attention who has had some cool ideas come ton life lately.

7. At the copa.....copacabana

Right so I'll chime in.

I decided I wanted to customise my pearl curved icon rack and turn it into a "stealth" side rack.

Plan was to cut the vertical tubes down and shorten the length of the square horizontal bar.

Didn't go exactly as planned. The vertical tubes were cut no problem but I couldn't get the fixing screw out of the connection between the rack and the end joint.

Bit gutted. But I'll be looking into maybe drilling out the screw.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

8. Registered User

Here's a 12" floor tom I made for my young son's kit I'm building. I was given a neglected junk kit ( or a Duraflame ) as one PDF member put it. The child's kit has a 16" bass, a 10" snare & 10" rack tom, but a floor tom is a must...right!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by therocker; 10-04-2015 at 12:46 PM.

9. Registered User

The rust is in the FT . The child's kit is black so it has to match. Added the tom legs to the 12" & left the tom arm mount, cut a boom stand and added a vintage splash! Put a Pearl factory Reso on the batter and a ported bottom head. Concert tom style!

10. FKA Tasty808

Very cool!

11. Registered User

Making a new aluminium cymbal stand soon, I'll try and record the process.
    I play Panda Percussion and Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals with negligible talent.

At any time let x be the number of kits I own, then x+1 is the number of kits I want.

12. Registered User

Bicycle seat post w/ Tama mini boom for a ride cymbal mount & a bicycle water bottle w/ Velcro attachment for a stick holder....Pearl logo not included. I've shared these before, but this seemed like a fitting place to share again! The seat post has a chair leg cap/ 4 pack was a couple bucks!