Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 166
  1. M-E-T-S

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    5,459

    Default I think I am in love

    Decided to make one comprehensive thread for my baby. A few updates have been made and from here on I will post all new ones in here to save space! Without any further delay please welcome my MMX:

    #148 Emerald Fade
    -Pearl MMX
    10x8
    12x9
    14x14
    16x16
    22x18

    14x5 Pearl Free-floater in matching #148.

    14" A New Beats
    10" AAX Splash
    16" A Custom Projection Crash
    15" AAX Studio Crash
    20" A Medium Ride
    18" ZBT Crash/Ride

    Iron Cobra Pedals
    First Chair Throne
    Pearl 2000 series hardware










    I hope you enjoy the pics! I know I do! Please tell me what ya think!
    My Emerald Fade 6 piece MMX (updated pics on page 9)

    My Tama Re-finishing thread

    [URL=http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=179551My snares[/URL] (Brand spankin NEW!!!)

    My crazy KEYTAR skills

    "Every one pities the weak. Jealousy, you have to earn." - Arnold Schwartzeneger

  2. Would you like a cookie?

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Green Bay, WI- EH?
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    holy christ! i lvoe that color! looks like matt from mudvayne's kit (same color). love what you've done with it dude!
    LISTEN TO
    EREBUS
    @ http://www.myspace.com/erebuswi





    Steve Irwin: My Hero

    2/22/62-9/4/06

    You will always be in our hearts

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rotterdam - Holland
    Posts
    196

    Default

    OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    Most.beautiful.finish.ever
    REEEEEEEEEP 4 u man!
    Pearl Export ELX



    My ELX

  4. M-E-T-S

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    5,459

    Default

    Thank you sirs! I love this kit to death. These pictures (IMO) are good in terms of showing off the finish but STILL don't do it justice!
    My Emerald Fade 6 piece MMX (updated pics on page 9)

    My Tama Re-finishing thread

    [URL=http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=179551My snares[/URL] (Brand spankin NEW!!!)

    My crazy KEYTAR skills

    "Every one pities the weak. Jealousy, you have to earn." - Arnold Schwartzeneger

  5. Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    10,497

    Default

    that is sick bro. I love the finish, cymbals, sizes..everything is awesome.

  6. got swole?

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barroomhero
    Decided to make one comprehensive thread for my baby. A few updates have been made and from here on I will post all new ones in here to save space! Without any further delay please welcome my MMX:

    #148 Emerald Fade
    -Pearl MMX
    10x8
    12x9
    14x14
    16x16
    22x18

    14x5 Pearl Free-floater in matching #148.

    14" A New Beats
    10" AAX Splash
    16" A Custom Projection Crash
    15" AAX Studio Crash
    20" A Medium Ride
    18" ZBT Crash/Ride

    Iron Cobra Pedals
    First Chair Throne
    Pearl 2000 series hardware










    I hope you enjoy the pics! I know I do! Please tell me what ya think!
    where did you get that AWESOME blow up thing?

  7. M-E-T-S

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    5,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside
    where did you get that AWESOME blow up thing?
    There's a place called Norway House or something like that here in NYC. It is basically a Norwegian culture museum. Very big on Munch. My parents picked it up for me when they went there a few months back.
    My Emerald Fade 6 piece MMX (updated pics on page 9)

    My Tama Re-finishing thread

    [URL=http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=179551My snares[/URL] (Brand spankin NEW!!!)

    My crazy KEYTAR skills

    "Every one pities the weak. Jealousy, you have to earn." - Arnold Schwartzeneger

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    That set is just amazing! I love that finish. And the Free Floater just looks awsome, and I bet it sounds awsome too! Are you plannig on replacing that ZBT, or do you just like the sound of that cymbal?
    Seriously

  9. M-E-T-S

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    5,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BENNYweisch
    That set is just amazing! I love that finish. And the Free Floater just looks awsome, and I bet it sounds awsome too! Are you plannig on replacing that ZBT, or do you just like the sound of that cymbal?
    Great question. The 20" IS the zbt's replacement but since I have the extra stand and I don't flat out hate the sound I figured I'd keep it there for a bit. It is much faster than the A ride so I like to use it for a few songs with my band. I am also getting 3 new A crashes soon however so it will most likely wind up with my gig kit in the basement in a few weeks.
    My Emerald Fade 6 piece MMX (updated pics on page 9)

    My Tama Re-finishing thread

    [URL=http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=179551My snares[/URL] (Brand spankin NEW!!!)

    My crazy KEYTAR skills

    "Every one pities the weak. Jealousy, you have to earn." - Arnold Schwartzeneger

  10. Maximum Capacity

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    California U.S.A.
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barroomhero
    There's a place called Norway House or something like that here in NYC. It is basically a Norwegian culture museum. Very big on Munch. My parents picked it up for me when they went there a few months back.
    geez, that thing is sweet. Now, on to your kit ( ), very seksi finish! gah, I love it.
    My Kit: Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage in natural finish

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barroomhero
    Great question. The 20" IS the zbt's replacement but since I have the extra stand and I don't flat out hate the sound I figured I'd keep it there for a bit. It is much faster than the A ride so I like to use it for a few songs with my band. I am also getting 3 new A crashes soon however so it will most likely wind up with my gig kit in the basement in a few weeks.
    Sounds good. When I tried out the A crashes, they sounded really good, which really suprised me. But they came nowhere close to how much I loved the sound of the Paiste 2oo2's. For my next set, if I was to not buy the Paiste 2oo2's, i would probably buy some A crashes and get a K ride and hi-hat.
    Seriously

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,912

    Default

    Great kit, love the set up and color. I also love the snare, looks so goood.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •