Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Is it just me? or...

are there wayyyy too many people preaching about Joey Jordison and Mike Portnoy?

Virgil Donati, Dave Weckl, Carter Beauford, Christian Tanna (I.M.E.) and Matt (Mudvayne) deserve that kind of recognition, as well as some of the pioneers Bill Bruford, Neil Peart, Lars Ulrich, Ray from Fear Factory, and Jimmy DeGrasso

I Mother Earth - The QuickSilver Meat Dream <--- OUT NOW!!
    www.myspace.com/modifiedband

2. Children eat free

All of the drummers you listed (sans Ulrich) are equally worthy of mention, and recieve their needed mention. Jordison and Portnoy are both amazing, amazing drummers. It just happens that Jordison in particular is very popular on the board. Everyone here has great taste in drumming, and all of those drummers (except for Lame Ulrich) get their fair share of mention. Even Lars, whom I loathe, has his few fans on the board. Just read aroud a bit.
    Marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual privilege.

My bright yellow round things that make noise

3. It's all about technique

That's why it's forum?? We talk about whoever we want to with no particular emphasis on any drummer. Maybe these 2 you mention just happen to be artist people want to know about? Sure, some don't get the recognition they deserve but we do know how talented they are
    I play, therefore I am a Percussionist :cool:

4. try hugs, not drugs

yea
    jordison is like warshipped cuz of his speed and talent.. portnoy is amazing with his time sigs..
    what i dont get is spag from mudvayne isnt too popular with these guys. hes on of my fav drummers. has speed when he needs it and has portnoys talent with time sigs

danney carey from tool is a fav too
    pizza rules

5. Registered User

I agree with you Mark, Mike Portany and Joey Jordison are both AMAZING drummers, but it does seem like I see alot of people all caught up in them. It also seems like there are alot of people caught up in Mudvayne also. Just look at the post above me.