Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495
Results 1,129 to 1,133 of 1133
  1. Pearl does it for me

^ Show room condition!
    Awesome...

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Thx 3PK, I still can’t believe I found this kit 7 miles from my house on Craigslist. The gentleman’s Grandfather owned the drums and had passed away and wanted his grandson to have them. He used them for a few years but then started a family and had no time to use them. They were dirty and a few nicks but they really are showroom condition.
    I have owned s number of 2nd &3 generation free floater snares but the1st gen blows them away!
    !!
    I ordered a pair of Masters bass spurs and the extended snare wires which came yesterday and a set of 16 bass tension rods will be here by the weekend. I’m using this kit for a gig Friday and I hope the seller and his wife will attend.

I owned a 92 MLX in sheer blue but sold it about 7 years ago to a collector he had for sale recently but the timing wasn’t right to buy it back. One door closes and another opens! I’m so grateful to have a wife that supports my passion to play and own such incredible drums.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-02-2021 at 09:45 PM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare
    Pearl Professional MLX 5pc including 1st generation Free Floater Snare.
    Ian Paice Signature Snare,
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Thx 3PK, I still can’t believe I found this kit 7 miles from my house on Craigslist. The gentleman’s Grandfather owned the drums and had passed away and wanted his grandson to have them. He used them for a few years but then started a family and had no time to use them. They were dirty and a few nicks but they really are showroom condition.
    I have owned s number of 2nd &3 generation free floater snares but the1st gen blows them away!
    !!
    I ordered a pair of Masters bass spurs and the extended snare wires which came yesterday and a set of 16 bass tension rods will be here by the weekend. I’m using this kit for a gig Friday and I hope the seller and his wife will attend.

I owned a 92 MLX in sheer blue but sold it about 7 years ago to a collector he had for sale recently but the timing wasn’t right to buy it back. One door closes and another opens! I’m so grateful to have a wife that supports my passion to play and own such incredible drums.
    What a beauty
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

4. Pearl does it for me

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    !!

Fantastic story mate and great to know it's gone to a new home where it will be loved and cared for again, and get some use.
    It's also handy, given the history of what happens with the long lugs as they age, that it has coffin lugs IMHO.
    Enjoy it.

I remember your sheer blue kit well!

5. Skeld-the -wicked

Default Professional MLX 1987 catalogue.

Thank you guys. It will be used tomorrow evening at a gig in honor of a fallen Drumbrother Jim .
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare
    Pearl Professional MLX 5pc including 1st generation Free Floater Snare.
    Ian Paice Signature Snare,
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks