Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,117 to 1,128 of 1133
  1. Registered User

BTW, if someone has a nice era correct long tom holder that they wouldn't mind selling, let me know. What's the model number on those BTW (yellow writing on black background)? I may end up buying a new TH1030 eventually but would prefer an era correct one if can come across one. Thnx!
    Last edited by CreepBeat; 12-24-2019 at 06:27 PM.

2. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Likely a TH-95 from the mid to late 1980's. I have a few on my GLX. But, not looking to sell them. Good Luck with your search.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Likely a TH-95 from the mid to late 1980's. I have a few on my GLX. But, not looking to sell them. Good Luck with your search.
    Thanks for the clarification - hard to tell for sure from the catalogs.

EDIT: Update - I found one so I'm all set.
    Last edited by CreepBeat; 12-27-2019 at 06:23 PM.

4. Registered User

BTW, I have found a replacement bracket that will fit the oddball 2 3/8" mounting screw spacing of the LB-30 if anyone is in need of a floor tom leg bracket solution without drilling new holes! These brackets by Independent Drum Lab have adjustable mounting screws and the BR2XL version bracket is adjustable from 2" to 3.2" and they will accommadate 12mm legs:

https://www.indedrum.com/drum-upgrad...unting-bracket

5. Registered User

First time posting-- I just picked up a set of BLX in Sequoia Red, 10-12-13-14-16 and 22 bass.
    These drums are high-end in every way-- solid, beautiful, powerful sounding. Simply amazing.

I've ordered Optimounts and GK90 hole covers, as well as a replacement 13" lug (one snapped screw).
    Pictured here with my Vistalite bass and partially "stealthed" Icon rack. Excuse the mess..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Flintamos; 06-01-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    _ _ ____________________________________________ _ _
    Steve Ferrone signature 14x6.5 nickel-over-brass
    BLX in Sequoia Red--
    10x10", 12x10", 13x11", 14x12", 16x16", 22x16"
    Modified Icon Rack / Tama Speed Cobra pedals

6. Registered User

Asking for opinions/experience on updating lugs--

Is there a substantive difference in quality between the modern Session/Export lugs (NCL-100) and the Master lugs (CL-100)? I'm wondering if it's worth the difference in cost. Is there any reason I would regret getting the Export/Session lugs-- ease of tuning, staying in tune, etc.?
    Last edited by Flintamos; 06-15-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Steve Ferrone signature 14x6.5 nickel-over-brass
    BLX in Sequoia Red--
    10x10", 12x10", 13x11", 14x12", 16x16", 22x16"
    Modified Icon Rack / Tama Speed Cobra pedals

7. Registered User

Here's mine: an early 90s MLX set in Bordeaux Red. Sizes are 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 22.

I just got this kit about a month ago. Shout out to Kevaruka who answered my cleaning tips with lots of helpful information! This kit isn't perfect, but it presents really well and just has the wear you'd expect on a (nearly) 30-year-old kit. It's a hard finish to capture on camera in terms of color-correctness, but these pics look pretty accurate.

I've had the DR-1 since 1988, when I sacked a ton of groceries for both the rack and my first MLX kit. I've kept the rack all these years (it's a bit ungainly to look at, but is super-easy to transport, set up, and tear down), and have used it with Pearl, Ludwig, and Tama kits; the Quarter Toms were added in the late 90s. I've had my Tama bubinga set since 2007, but wanted something a bit less heavy to lug around for gigs (whenever those start happening again!). Additionally, I wanted something that already had a little roadwear on it. If I'm playing outdoors or in a smoky bar, if the guitarist spills a beer on my bass drum or knocks his amp into my floor tom, etc., I won't get (too) bent out of shape. Obviously, I can take these drums out as a 4- or a 5-piece with floor stands, too.

I re-headed all of the drums with Remo Smooth White Ambassadors, and they sing! I'm not bothered by the lack of ISS/RIMS/Opti-Mounts, and anyhow I don't like the way those look with the exposed tom mount holes. I know about masking plates, but just don't like 'em. However, I'm thinking about getting one for the 14" tom, which is a rack that I converted to a floor with some of those clip-on Gibraltar mounts. One option I'm considering is getting a masking plate and spraying it with an automotive paint that's a close match for Bordeaux Red. I also may get one of those Pearl cowbell holders and use it in the tom mount.

The bass drum head is from a short-lived series that Remo produced; I've had this one since 1990. Looks great on the set!

If anyone knows about the extra floor tom mounting brackets (above the bass drum spurs), let me know. No idea what they are, though they came with two 12" metal rods the same thickness as a floor tom leg. The drums' seller thought they might be for a bass drum woofer or something.

8. Registered User

Name:  yamaha-recording-custom-blx-web.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  79.9 KB
    Yamaha Recording Custom VS Pearl BLX aka Prestige Studio all birch shell

9. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by BenzeneWings View Post
    Name:  yamaha-recording-custom-blx-web.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  79.9 KB
    Yamaha Recording Custom VS Pearl BLX aka Prestige Studio all birch shell
    Both fantastic kits!

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Both fantastic kits!
    They are indeed. Have owned both
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

11. Skeld-the -wicked

Default My Professional MLX made in Japan gloss black interiors.

I still can’t believe it. It cleaned up very well for a 34 year old kit. I bought locally for $500.00 + 2 sets of hard cases and a set of d drum triggers so now with new spurs & heads it’s around $700.00 total but it was well worth it.
    22x16 bass
    16x16 Floor Tom
    13 x10 Rack Tom
    12 x 9 Rack Tom
    14 x 6.5 Free Floater Snare
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-02-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare
    Pearl Professional MLX 5pc including 1st generation Free Floater Snare.
    Ian Paice Signature Snare,
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

12. Skeld-the -wicked

Default More MLX Pics

Canít wait to gig with this kit on Friday!
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare
    Pearl Professional MLX 5pc including 1st generation Free Floater Snare.
    Ian Paice Signature Snare,
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks