Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132
Results 1,573 to 1,576 of 1576
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    From a recent video shoot. Early 90's long-lug style export in Wine Red. 18x22 bass, 10/12/13 toms, 16x16 floor.
    Are these the Exports that randomly came with those UniLock tilter tom arms? Every release otherwise always had toothed tilters, which were such a pain for such large toms!

I had a set similar to yours. I liked it. That recipe in those kits should have been retained imo.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

2. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Are these the Exports that randomly came with those UniLock tilter tom arms? Every release otherwise always had toothed tilters, which were such a pain for such large toms!

I had a set similar to yours. I liked it. That recipe in those kits should have been retained imo.
    Those are aftermarket uni-lock arms I've had for a long time that I can't remember where I got them from. Back when I had my other 90's export, it came with the old "teeth" locking uni-lock arms. I still have them, but I never use them because they are a pain in the ***. But... they never ever slip. Those newer uni-lock arms like the ones that are pictured tend to slip from time to time.

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    Those are aftermarket uni-lock arms I've had for a long time that I can't remember where I got them from. Back when I had my other 90's export, it came with the old "teeth" locking uni-lock arms. I still have them, but I never use them because they are a pain in the ***. But... they never ever slip. Those newer uni-lock arms like the ones that are pictured tend to slip from time to time.
    Interesting. I have the newer model and no issues with them, touch wood...
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

4. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Interesting. I have the newer model and no issues with them, touch wood...
    My newer ones don't slip either. It's the older ones that can slip occassionaly. I think I need to re-tighten the mech inside with an allen wrench.

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED