Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,537 to 1,548 of 1556
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hoofddorp The Netherlands
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Good job!

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default EXR White Strata refurb ish...

    And there's the 13 inch done. .
    Not a replacement .. just cleaned it up. Was out in the rain on a blokes patio / garden.
    Now to do 2 more and a kick. 😠😢
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. Vintage 1968

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BIRMINGHAM, AL
    Posts
    7,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    Al was kind enough to take me to lunch shortly after I moved to Nashville. Afterward he gave me a tour of the Pearl offices and warehouse. I was given the shirt while we were going through the warehouse. Awesome facility populated with people who really care about the products they produce. Gotta love Pearl!
    Pearl Nashville is amazing. Great bunch of people there. I need to go visit again. I don't think I've been there since Al moved from CA.

    Quote Originally Posted by rudimental View Post
    And there's the 13 inch done. .
    Not a replacement .. just cleaned it up. Was out in the rain on a blokes patio / garden.
    Now to do 2 more and a kick. ����
    That's looking real good. Nice job.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:


  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I have been restoring my 25 year old Export series that my father bought when I was a kid. Now I am giving it to my 13 year old son, so that he can enjoy it for himself[ATTACH=CONFIG]500333[/ATTAName:  IMG_0374.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  87.7 KBCH]Name:  IMG_0358.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  98.2 KB[ATTACH=CName:  IMG_0373.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  81.6 KBONFIG]500334[/ATTACH]Name:  IMG_0374.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  87.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mcisneros; 02-12-2017 at 08:36 PM.

  5. Vintage 1968

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BIRMINGHAM, AL
    Posts
    7,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcisneros View Post
    I have been restoring my 25 year old Export series that my father bought when I was a kid. Now I am giving it to my 13 old son, so that he can enjoy it for himself[ATTACH=CONFIG]500333[/ATTAName:  IMG_0374.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  87.7 KBCH]Name:  IMG_0358.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  98.2 KB[ATTACH=CName:  IMG_0373.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  81.6 KBONFIG]500334[/ATTACH]Name:  IMG_0374.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  87.7 KB
    Nice! I've got a 30 year old set of Exports I bought new ready to hand down myself.
    What color are yours? Some sort of sparkle it looks like.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:


  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I think they are Rootbeer Glass glitter or True Black Glass glitter I can't remember. I bought them back in 1992 used them for jazz and rock.

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Name:  image-3971811819.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  81.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hi all. New drummer, new to PDF. Based on a recommendation from David Williams of East Coast Drums on the MD side of DC (great dude, spent tons of time with me showing me the ropes), I sought out some Exports for my first kit. About 6 months later, here's my setup at first full gig at the Capital Yacht Club in Washington, D.C. Mardi Gras party of course, kit didn't come with the beads Long lug Reds: 22" kick with EMAD batter & reso, 12" rack and 16" floor with G2's on top, G1s on bottom (13" tom at home), and one stock 14x6 snare with HD Dry on top, 300 SS on bottom. I admit I'm still trying to find the tuning sweet spot on pretty much everything, but the kit is working out great for hauling around to practice and gigs just like David said it would. Not in love with the red color, but....these are my babies for now and gonna rock it best I can. Various Zildjian A's all around, also still settling into desired cymbals.
    Name:  IMG_3193 (1).jpg
Views: 127
Size:  102.1 KB

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f15c View Post
    Hi all. New drummer, new to PDF. Based on a recommendation from David Williams of East Coast Drums on the MD side of DC (great dude, spent tons of time with me showing me the ropes), I sought out some Exports for my first kit. About 6 months later, here's my setup at first full gig at the Capital Yacht Club in Washington, D.C. Mardi Gras party of course, kit didn't come with the beads Long lug Reds: 22" kick with EMAD batter & reso, 12" rack and 16" floor with G2's on top, G1s on bottom (13" tom at home), and one stock 14x6 snare with HD Dry on top, 300 SS on bottom. I admit I'm still trying to find the tuning sweet spot on pretty much everything, but the kit is working out great for hauling around to practice and gigs just like David said it would. Not in love with the red color, but....these are my babies for now and gonna rock it best I can. Various Zildjian A's all around, also still settling into desired cymbals. <img src="https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=501513"/>
    Cool kit & and welcome to the forum. That rack tom looks a bit pinkish in the photo but I think the kit is Ferrari Red. I could be wrong. Cheers!

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Cool, thanks for the response. The lighting does make it look a little pink, but here's a pic (of the 13" tom) that shows true color a little better...and a couple of other pics from the first time I set it up. Is "Ferrari Red" is the "offical" color? If anyone can please help me date these drums I would be most appreciative. After searching the threads looks like late 80s-early 90s? Thank you!Name:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 99
Size:  55.6 KB Name:  IMG_3417.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  73.3 KB Name:  IMG_2700.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  66.4 KB

  11. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    3,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcisneros View Post
    I think they are Rootbeer Glass glitter or True Black Glass glitter I can't remember. I bought them back in 1992 used them for jazz and rock.
    Export ESX in either Black Quartz or Purple Quartz .. hard to tell from your pictures .. here's catalog for your Exports .. http://catweb.tgtel.com/pearl/1990%2...%20spreads.pdf
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

  12. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    3,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f15c View Post
    Is "Ferrari Red" is the "offical" color? If anyone can please help me date these drums I would be most appreciative. After searching the threads looks like late 80s-early 90s?
    Yes .. # 71 Ferrari Red

    If inside of shells has an acoustic coat sealer then it's an 89 Export

    If inside is bare wood then it's a 90-91 Export
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •