Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135
Results 1,609 to 1,615 of 1615
  1. Vintage 1968

Yep. I actually gigged my Exports a few years back, after I had my Masters. They are a little quieter than my Masters, and the gig was a brush and cool rodz kinda event.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

2. Registered User

The Exports are great for gigging. Much easier to haul around, definately lighter than my son's Vision kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/album.php?albumid=260

Pearl Export
    10", 12", 14"F, 16"F, 22"B

Pearl Vision VSX
    10", 12", 13", 14"F, 16"F, 22"B

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    I thought of you when I saw that wrap and knew you'd post a pic on a side note .. what's going on in the toms? .. is that foam glued to top interiors?
    Fixed > It's a 1/4" thick foam rubber that the previous owner had put in every tom except the 18" FT. Cut to size and used the lug screws to hold them in place. Then the bottom heads where cut out like concert toms. I played them like that for years. Actually sounded good but very dead.

Problem with the screws holding the foam was that he almost stripped every screw head in the process. I've said it here before that the original owner did more damage to that kit in the 2 years he owned them, than I did in 20 + .

Sometime I wish I had kept them.
    Last edited by therocker; 04-27-2018 at 10:39 AM.

4. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    I thought of you when I saw that wrap and knew you'd post a pic

on a side note .. what's going on in the toms? .. is that foam glued to top interiors?
    It's frosting.

Looks like homemade Deadringers, actually.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

5. Registered User

At one time I cut half of the foam rubber and then just gently ripped it around the lug screws.

White hands shows left over chunks. Black hands show only half foam rubber liner.

Name:  image-3994803092.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  image-1415863528.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  22.9 KB

6. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Fixed > It's a 1/4" thick foam rubber that the previous owner had put in every tom except the 18" FT. Cut to size and used the lug screws to hold them in place. Then the bottom heads where cut out like concert toms. I played them like that for years. Actually sounded good but very dead.

Problem with the screws holding the foam was that he almost stripped every screw head in the process. I've said it here before that the original owner did more damage to that kit in the 2 years he owned them, than I did in 20 + .

Sometime I wish I had kept them.
    oh boy .. that sh#t would have drove me crazy ... I bought a lone 80's Pearl 18" Maple floor tom (one that I use on one of my kits) off craigslist one time for 90 bucks. The interior had egg crate foam glued to entire interior of shell all the way up to bearing edges. Getting all that thick runny glue off shell after taking off foam was a nightmare. I had to scrape with putty knife which took forever and sand everything silky smooth. In the end I made it look factory fresh with lacquer and buffing.
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in Emerald Forest Lacquer -10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in CherryRoseWine Lacquer -12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    New kit under construction .......

7. Registered User

That yellow kit sat for around 7-9 years. May be sat up once or twice for a week. When I made the move to start drumming again I'm sure that's when I started taking out the foam out. Then. I bought the Charcoal Metallic Exports a and put Ol' Yeller back on the shelve for another 3-4 years. It was around this time I found you guys and the PDF !