Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cymbals

1. Return Of The SkaNinja!

Fix the "Instanbul"

2. Banned

That diagram of the china has some of the worse striking advice I've ever seen. Are they for real? In the inverted pic, #4 is ridiculous...same with #3 in the bottom pic. You're only asking for big trouble striking the edge head on like that. Not to mention you'll pretty much shred your sticks to sawdust in no time at all. Example #3 in the top pic is just plain silly. The bell is like 2" across with the wingnut and felts in the middle. How the hell can you get a stick in there to actually play anything? Sheesh, where did you find that pic?

EDIT: I just found the thread that was first posted in. That came from PAISTE? Oh man.

3. Algiz

Quote Originally Posted by Chris309
    That diagram of the china has some of the worse striking advice I've ever seen. Are they for real? In the inverted pic, #4 is ridiculous...same with #3 in the bottom pic. You're only asking for big trouble striking the edge head on like that. Not to mention you'll pretty much shred your sticks to sawdust in no time at all. Example #3 in the top pic is just plain silly. The bell is like 2" across with the wingnut and felts in the middle. How the hell can you get a stick in there to actually play anything? Sheesh, where did you find that pic?

EDIT: I just found the thread that was first posted in. That came from PAISTE? Oh man.
    A paiste CATALOGUE!!

4. Banned

Hey Kev, please change the Zildjian Reviews link to http://www.zildjianreviews.com

Thanks

5. ...drums barefoot..

The 1969 Paiste catalogue, to be exact. I own it, and that's directly from there.
    Drumming for Astaroth

..My Mapex Pro-M with Paiste Cymbals..

Drum Connexions NZ
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Edited by Metalbuckitz at 6.66pm EST--Reason- too sic 4 joo.

6. Algiz

Maybe theyve learnt a thing or two about using chinas since then!!!

hopefully...

7. Banned

Kev when you get a chance...read my post just above and change that link.

8. Deus Beatus Vos

Quote Originally Posted by Chris309

I'm pretty sure it's intended to be exagerated, but somebody could get into big trouble if they took it literally. It's actually pretty acurate other than that.

9. Algiz

Cool, zildjian reviews changed

10. Pearl Forum Moderator

kev... you should put the links to all the "EVERYTHING (Cymbal Company)" Threads in here. Those are full of tons of information
    Pearl, the BEST reason to play drums

PDF PRESS

PHOTOGRAPHY - TWITTER - RUBBERDUCKY

11. Algiz

Quote Originally Posted by rockCORE-Ant
    kev... you should put the links to all the "EVERYTHING (Cymbal Company)" Threads in here. Those are full of tons of information
    Good point. For the reference

12. Registered User

So what's the link to the main big Sabian review thread? I'd like to see that.
    Thanks

- Eric
    absent and not always accounted for.