Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Drumsticks

1. swallow the gun

Just wanted to stop and say that Kev, you have been doing a great job with all of this and soon it will be one of the better forums on this...forum. Great job!

P.S.- I use Pro-Mark Hickory 3A, great sticks. I'd recommend them to anyone. PM me if you want any details!

2. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by kev
    That unusual. my drumstore even stopped brining in carbos cause so many people complained that they were bad

I did have to use a pair duiong one band practise tho - they werent terribly bad with slippiness but still a little problem for me
    To me they are the perfect stick. The only two points I can complain on is 1) there is no warning for when they snap - like Aheads they just go! And 2) they are a little tiny bit heavier, which is odd as carbon in general is usually lighter.

But to me they are the perfect stick - longevity is longer, they remain rigid and 100% as strong till the end as they did at day one (no "knawed" out section in the middle that weaken like wood sticks) and still have the same wood sound and feel to them. Add in the perfect weight match and they are 100% straight 100% of the time, I just can't find a better stick. for £2 more a pair I think it's worth it.

The only thing that might beat them might be a FIRBESTICK from the same company - a new half-carbon, half-fibreglass stick they have just brought out. I haven't tried them yet, but allegedly they are the same consistency and durability as the Carbosticks, but are lighter. Will get some in and try them soon Of course I will make a review post for you to link in here Kev

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. Algiz

Then Ill put it into the top of this thread

4. Kawaii User

Vic Firth American Classic Extreme 5A's are by far the best sticks I've used. They are a bit longer than the standard 5a's, and I find they are evenly balanced for me. They typically last about a month for me.

5. Just kickin it

Might I suggest adding Zildjian Drumsticks to the list??? Zildjian makes a pretty high quality drumstick.

6. Algiz

Zildjian are in.

7. Registered User

any experiences of the stewart copeland model?
    can you describe your playing style and grip if you have experience of it id love that
    rubbertomskin

8. Algiz

Quote Originally Posted by KJSM
    any experiences of the stewart copeland model?
    can you describe your playing style and grip if you have experience of it id love that
    Hmm ... explain more.
    If theres anything you wanna put in too, you can PM me too

9. I'd hit it.

w i s c o n s i n, where cheese is always a party favorite

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion2155
    Vic Firth American Classic Extreme 5A's are by far the best sticks I've used. They are a bit longer than the standard 5a's, and I find they are evenly balanced for me. They typically last about a month for me.
    ahh yes... precisely what i use. except i like nylon tips because the wood ones alway chip off and make my ride sound like crap.
    dont be a POOPFACE!!!!
    My Kit!!!

10. I'd hit it.

w i s c o n s i n, where cheese is always a party favorite

Quote Originally Posted by nicka912
    Might I suggest adding Zildjian Drumsticks to the list??? Zildjian makes a pretty high quality drumstick.
    i used to use zildjian, but i had VERY bad experiences with them, they broke in like a week each time, then i changed to vic.
    dont be a POOPFACE!!!!
    My Kit!!!

11. Muff Busters.

^^^^^^^^^SAME HERE!^^^^^^^^

i bought some (like 3 pairs cuz they were on sale) and the friggin tip flew off in the middle of play!,so i grabbed another one ....!same thing!...then the last one same thing!!!! and now am rockin out vick!

12. Algiz

Strange that, I got some to try them out and theyve lasted me weeks ... i thinkover a month now, and no signs of breaking.