If you think Chewbacca is hairy, wait till you see my Wookie
    Pearl - Zildjian - Evans - Vic Firth

4. Pearl Drums & Zildjian Cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by Roar!
    probably pink fluffy ones!
    Were they love muffs?

5. Algiz

Okay guys, lets not spam this place up

Plus, I've divided up the links a little more so theyre easier to see and Ive put in some articles

6. Working drummer

www.westone.com

as drummers,we definitely have more of a chance of losing our hearing,
    mostly because the high's of the cymbals,you're surrounded by them. do you want to be like john densmore of the doors? to be left at home while your band (the doors 21st century) go on tour without because you can't hear? he has tinitus. for the longest time i played with those big orange foamy things. sure they protect your hearing but make your drums sound like crap so much that i'd rather it sound good to me & sacrifice my hearing for the next couple of days.

my guitarist recommended westone to me. all you do is go to the website,find a local audiologist,most of them already know of westone. make an appointment. first,they'll clean your ears out (that part feels great)! then they have this jelly-like silicone mixture they inject into your ear.(don't worry,it's complelety safe). as it hardens,it makes a mold of your ear canal. they send it off to westone & they make customized musician ear plugs,
    emphasis on the musician. they fit YOUR ears & YOUR ears only. now, they have filters attached to them that actually cut the decibel level. they have them in 9,15 & 21. meaning,the actual amount of decibels they cut. currently i have 15's but i think even the 9's will do the job. they cut most of the high's in the mix when playing but still clear enough to carry a conversation. i wear them to live shows all the time & i can hear so clearly it's unbelievable. the best part about them though,as many people were saying they don't want to look like a pansy at a rock show.....they're flesh colored,small & completely inconspicuous. as a matter of fact,that little piece of flesh near the ear hole sticks out further than the earplugs do. so when you're standing near the stage at a rock show & your buddy yells "THESE GUYS ROCK!" in your ear,you actually know what he's saying instead of just nodding & pretending like you heard him! just think of it as turning down the volume as opposed to getting that nasty muddy sound that foam plugs give you & muffle EVERYTHING out.

now...the cost. for those that plan on doing music long-term & making a career out of it,like myself,the $180 bucks i spent on these is well-worth the investment. if you're just getting trashed with your buddies & jamming covers on the weekends,then the cheap foam ones are probably enough for you.
    Last edited by rsdrummer; 10-26-2005 at 04:37 PM.
    "People who don't care for their drums really annoy me." - John Bonham

Life's too short to play with sh***y musicians. - Me

7. Registered User

^^sweet, i'm gonna get those ones...i didn't knkow how they do it tho...
    Pearl. Gibraltar. Paiste. Sabian. Wuhan. Vater. Vic Firth. Aquarian. Evans.

8. Algiz

Wow, very useful!

9. Sick 'Em

i use the vic firth insolated ones! there awesome

hey this forum sections shouldnt be called univirsity it should be called "a way to get Kevs post count up"

10. Apple enthusiast

When practicing I like to wear Heros plus the Vic Firth isolation Blue Phones, my drums sound GREAT then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Sanderson
    Killing myself is a way to drink

11. Algiz

Quote Originally Posted by surftex363
    hey this forum sections shouldnt be called univirsity it should be called "a way to get Kevs post count up"
    Haha, easily last on th list. You really think Id do that?! 00**

12. Registered User

yea those vic firth ones are the *s bomb*. i always practice with those or when i cant find em, i have a bucket of 100 that i got for 10 bucks at walgreens. But theyre bright orange, so if i ever wear em to concerts, ill probably look like a panzi. Should i just tell people that my ears bleed when im surrounded by loud noise or what? im looking for good excuses to wear em
    Elx Cobalt fade: 22x18, 14x5.5, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11. Zxt 20'' pro ride, 16'' medium thin crash, k custom 16'' session crash, 14'' zxt pro hi hats, 12'' han chi china. coated ambassador, pin stripes and aquarian superkick.

COBALT FADE TRIBE