My first acoustic kit in 20 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinshine View Post
    Would it still be considered a bop kit even though it has a 22 inch bass drum?
    Hi Sinshine,

No, a "bop kit" almost always has an 18" kick drum with a 14" floor tom and 12" hanging tom.

MM
    2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

Thanks, I didn't think it was a Bop kit but wanted to make sure. I stopped in Guitar Center again yesterday for a few things and they weren't much help. The couple of guys I usually deal with there haven't been around lately and they have some newer guys working that just don't know anything yet. I told the guy I had just bought the kit from them and had a few questions about ordering add on toms down the road. I explained that I couldn't find much info at all online and they had nothing on the GC website and wanted to know about special ordering parts through them from Pearl. So of course the guy went to the GC site and clicked around for a few minutes before telling me he couldn't find anything, just like I had already told him lol. He wasn't very interested in making any sales from what I could tell. He didn't even bother checking Pearl and just told me it would probably be a 6 month wait if they even had what I was looking for.

Maybe this is just the universes way of telling me I'm supposed to have a 4 piece haha. Hopefully once I get moved down to Florida I can find some decent music stores close by. I don't mind looking through craigslist and ebay for deals but I like having a store to go to and actually see the gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinshine View Post
        Thanks, I didn't think it was a Bop kit but wanted to make sure. I stopped in Guitar Center again yesterday for a few things and they weren't much help. The couple of guys I usually deal with there haven't been around lately and they have some newer guys working that just don't know anything yet. I told the guy I had just bought the kit from them and had a few questions about ordering add on toms down the road. I explained that I couldn't find much info at all online and they had nothing on the GC website and wanted to know about special ordering parts through them from Pearl. So of course the guy went to the GC site and clicked around for a few minutes before telling me he couldn't find anything, just like I had already told him lol. He wasn't very interested in making any sales from what I could tell. He didn't even bother checking Pearl and just told me it would probably be a 6 month wait if they even had what I was looking for.

Maybe this is just the universes way of telling me I'm supposed to have a 4 piece haha. Hopefully once I get moved down to Florida I can find some decent music stores close by. I don't mind looking through craigslist and ebay for deals but I like having a store to go to and actually see the gear.
        Hi Sinshine,

Don't use a retail store (like GC to get parts or additional toms).

You need to call a shop that specializes in drums and is a Pearl dealer. They will be a lot more help. For example, try calling DrumsOnSale at 301-733-7386 and ask for Tim or Chris to help you.

MM
        2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

Originally posted by MusicMan View Post
          Hi Sinshine,

Don't use a retail store (like GC to get parts or additional toms).

You need to call a shop that specializes in drums and is a Pearl dealer. They will be a lot more help. For example, try calling DrumsOnSale at 301-733-7386 and ask for Tim or Chris to help you.

MM
          ditto
          Pearl Masters (MCX) Mocha Tamo
          Pearl Session Custom (SMX) Green Burst
          Zildjian A & K Customs
          Originally posted by ashmaple
          ... so I secretely wanna see him 'bust his gear out when he's doing their gig in front of the crowds that lead into Make a legendary show. Hajahaha.

Comment

Things are looking up! Got three offers on my trailer today so once that is sold I can make my move to the new place in Florida. Looks like I'll be going in two months now instead of four so I'm that much closer to being able to set these up for good and play them. Also got my new ride in the mail today and should have some hats in the next week or so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ride.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	5182158

Comment

Sweet !!! What series is that ride it looks great.
              Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
              22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Thanks, it's a classics custom dark ride.

Comment

Working...
                X