My first kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first kit

This is my first post in the forum. I purchased a VSX last month in strata black. 12,13,16,22. Sensitone snare. The cymbals are not mine they belong to the school I teach at. It's my first kit. I have been playing saxophone for about 15 years and just recently decided to focus on drum set and percussion. I am a high school band director and I also just started playing drums at my church. I am having the time of my life. I will post pictures as I continue to build the kit with cymbals and hardware. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Always loved that color scheme. Wish I had that for my VBA kit. Nice tom choice too, the 10" is still good, but having a 12" being your highest tom makes the drum fills sound better (in my opinion)
    Pearl Vision Birch Artisan ii - 22x18, 14x5.5, 10x8, 12x9, 16x16
    Zildjian ZHT Cymbals- 14" Rock Hats, 16" and 18" Rock Crash, and 20" Rock Ride
    Evans Heads - 'Snare'= HD Dry batter 'Toms'= EC2 batter and G1 reso
    Vic Firth- 5b Kinetic Force Sticks and Headphones

Comment

Welcome, that's a nice first kit. Enjoy!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
      8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
      Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

I had to go with the big drums!

Comment

Nice setup and finish. Looks a lot better than my first kit.

Comment

Nice brother, welcome to the forum!
            Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

Comment

With the mic port added.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X